Reaction score
Lee G said:
oliie said:
Have you seen any so far? If so what have you seen that is putting you off? If it is a curbed wheel etc. these can all be fixed. I fill my washer bottle with Brita water but I have a small mark on my alloy. However as a buyer I'd much rather mine than another which has been flogged but cosmetically is pristine.

Cheers
O.

Spot on. Well said.

Thank-you, thank-you. Taking a bow now...

:p :D

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Lee G said:
oliie said:
Have you seen any so far? If so what have you seen that is putting you off? If it is a curbed wheel etc. these can all be fixed. I fill my washer bottle with Brita water but I have a small mark on my alloy. However as a buyer I'd much rather mine than another which has been flogged but cosmetically is pristine.

Cheers
O.

Spot on. Well said.

Thank-you, thank-you. Taking a bow now...

:p :D

O.

Was that really worthy of a bow? e.g.You ask questions, answer them yourself, make a judgement, then take a bow. I think not.

To answer the original question before jusdgements were made and bows were taken - most of the cars that have been offered have either had more miles or more owners than i want, and thats priority one for me.

I actually agree with what you have said above - alloy wheels, etc can be fixed, ideally i want a car as close to perfection as possible but little things like that will not put me off.

I dont see why i should have to justify my decisions on here but basically two other cars i was interested in had other issues that put me off, one i managed to find a good bit of info on and there was the possibility that it had been painted and there were still paint imperfections and the other car requires paintwork on a panel that would be costly and likely show even the smallest colour mismatch.

Is that ok that i rejected these cars? Can i have your seal of approval? Or should i just go out an buy a trophy - any old trophy to appease you and your buying logic?

I believe that, as in the past, if i can buy a new car or find an outstanding 2nd hand car whether it be £10k or £30k... when i come to sell it - whether it be in 6 months or 2 years - if i can sell a car in immaculate condition (sometimes cleaner that the state they were delivered from the dealer) then i've got to believe that there are plenty of other enthusuastic owners out there who keep there cars in a similar condition. I know that with there only being 500 Trophy's it makes things harder but from what i can see on this site there are a lot of people who really cherish their cars.

Dont get me wrong my car isnt always sparkling but i do enjoy driving the car and keeping it mint. And when buying a car i want it to be in as good condition as possible to start with, that way i'm not having to shell out more cash or get paintwork done etc basically i'd be keeping a good car tidy rather than buying a shed (ok maybe thats a bit harsh) and trying to put it right.

Cheers

BC

Reaction score
No-one is judging you BC, many owners on here share your views and I bought my Trophy with 1900 miles on it and it was immaculate, not a scratch or imperfection anywhere and there's no reason you should have to settle for one you're not happy with. You have my seal of approval and happy hunting. Don't think oliie was being mailiscious though, he just wants you to get a Trophy that is in good knick and start enjoying it, I know you're after a private sale but get Steve (cardealer) to find you one, if it has to be perfect - he's your man.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes you're right most on here do cherish their cars but we are also less likely to be letting them go, it seems to me that the point people are trying to make is the longer you wait the less likely a good one will come up at a good price. From what i'm seeing, the cars coming upfor sale seem to be the same ones again and again. But good luck.