Reaction score
Im in the middle of buying parts for a service fot the Trophy and thinking of a uprated air filter

Any recommendations:up:

Reaction score
Mine has the K&N which sounds fabulous but I understand that you lose a few bhp when it's hot because the position of the filter just downwind of the radiator means it draws in hot air which is less dense and affects power. To counter that I have fabricated a box that shields the filter from the radiator so I should be getting close-to-standard power and a lovely noise too.
My son has a 182 Cup and reckons the best set-up for power is the standard filter box fitted with an ITG panel filter and a Samco hose for the elbow into the plenum to smooth flow. Ktec sell the Samco hose for about £80 but someone on Cliosport reckons they can source the same part fo about £50.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Ian. Ive been reading a few threads and thinking of an ITG panel filter.....

Reaction score
Itg panel filter (personally prefer foam ones and ITG is better quality than pipercross imo, had pipercross one on Trophy and previous car and the foam around the side fell apart)

Reaction score
As it happens, my sad son has just e-mailed a photo of a Clio fitted with the Samco pipe. It's also available in yellow, red and black, I believe.Samco induction pipe.jpg

Reaction score
Thats what i want a ITG panel filter with a red hose. Is the best (cheapest) place Demon tweeks to get them??

Reaction score
Espace v6 airbox with k and n filter and samco hose. Basically a cheap Maxogen. Personally i think its a better setup than my standard airbox with itg panel filter.