Reaction score
Have tried searching but not found anything.

Has anyone gone to a DC5 from a Trophy?
Or vice versa from a DC5 to a Trophy?

Am thinking about what i'm going to get next(soon)and i love the DC5 Integra and i want a WHITE car!!!!
Have even been thinking about getting the Trophy "Wrapped" in White,it might be the best option,will have to see.

So any comments much appreciated,just want to cover all the bases.
Am going down to see Steve at AllVehicles when he gets his new deliveries for a test drive.

Reaction score
Is it possible to wrap a car completely? Just wondering about how you would get it all done without seeing any red :? How much would it cost out of interest?

Reaction score
Try Allcars, he often gets DC5's in. Lots of Trophy bought from him and alot of positive comments about him. :)

Reaction score
I'm going through my second DC5 affair at the moment. Am also interested in a White one, I love the blue and the silver and the black but Type-R's should be white, I think.

Things I like the most are;
It's a Coupe, but a light one (350kgs lighter than a 330 Ci but the same power!)
It's an import so there are less about and shows you've made an effort to get the car you want.
The titanium gear knob.
The red Recaro's.
The highly effective LSD (a guy with a DC5 was describing the lovely feeling of the diff pulling you out of a corner)
The wheels (in white on a white car)
The engine, OK it's only a NA four, but you'll be hard pushed to find a better one outside of an S2000.
It's got a MASSIVE boot so really practical.
It's fucking gorgeous.

Bad points are;
It's a Coupe, but a FWD one - wrong!
It's an import so fucking expensive to insure (Group 20)
My girlfriend hates it (her words were "I thought you didn't like Max Power cars".
I'm in love with my Trophy and after horrific ordeal of having to see it drive off for the last time and shelling out even more money to run the Teg, the honeymoon period would wear off and I would think, "what the fuck have I done?" This car doesn't feel as good to drive.

Reaction score
Late Sunday afternoon and a few cars lined up outside. Trophy, RS Focus, M3 and an Integra. I wouldn't be posting if it wasn't obvious which one I took for a spin. :)

Although the M3 in sport mode is one helluva a car. But I like the fact the Teg feels like there's nothing to it and the way it revs. Precise steering and seating position. Gear change feel and gearknob of course.

The downside is how long it takes to get them here, SVA'd and MOT'd (if necc.) and regsitered. Longer than expected and a bit of a palaver.

Your last sentence is off the mark Steve :)

Reaction score
Is Integra that good to drive?

Had a look on pistonheads this afternoon but all have massive amount of modifications.

Steve you need to get more pics on ya site of Integras. What is interior like, looks a bit plastic from what I have seen so far?

Also Steve any plans to import the JDM Civic?

It would be tough day to part with the Trophy for another car! Think I will go Jap by next summer but keep Trophy and buy a Suzuki or Yamaha bike! Best of both worlds!!!!

Reaction score
Steve, I'm trying to convince myself that swapping to a Teg would be a bad idea.

You're really not helping.

When can I book a test drive?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
just get a white van and put carrera down the side of it or something wrighty! lol

I was tempted by the integra, It would be a great choice. keep us up to date mate.

Reaction score
112198-3.jpg

I quite like the interior, a classier affair than the Clio, but that's not difficult. It's no Audi in there though but then it's a relatively cheap car. The JDM Civic is £12,000 FFS! (Costs a bit more after import duty, etc.)

Reaction score
Well i bought my Trophy from Steve and would defo buy another car from him.

I am waiting for the next couple of Integra's to arrive so i can have a test drive,not a short one as that isn't the right way to choose a new car.

You can wrap a complete car,i know someone who has had his M3 CSL wrapped,looks great and and seen a couple of Merc's at the Nurburgring wrapped.

But i love Honda motorbikes,always had a Honda and the Integra ticks so many boxes.
Can get it in white,hardly any around so individual,its Honda so well engineered.

The import side of it puts me off a little,but not enough.
I would love the new Jap Civic Type R,at £12K+import fees etc seems a bargin.

Steve,what would it work out at to bring 2 or 3 in to the country?
What costs are involved?
Is it expensive?

Litchfield are advertising the new Type R at £24K,seems very expensive considering they are approx £12-13K.

HOw would this cost break down?

Anyway when can i come down for my extended test drive in a Integra????

Reaction score
I have read in various places that the DC5 is not as good as the DC2 - seems like a combination of extra weight (1,170 kg) and clumsier handling. As per other posts I got very enthused over the new JDM CTR, but at 1,270 kg and 770 mm longer than the Trophy it is starting to get big - but still only has the same torque, and you can be certain that the dip that appears on the Honda Japan website will be even worse in reality. Despite that I shall go to Litchfield's to see for myself.
The Trophy only needs just over 190 bhp to be on a par.

Reaction score
Just a few random replies.

More pics if I had the cars!! Next few weeks should be here. The black/red one is pre-sold now

JDM Civic (same as last shape) are too expensive in Japan to bring over. The most recent I was offered would have owed me about £8500 for a 2001/02 car with 77000m! It was white, a bonus, but would rather have my money in a UK car, newer and less miles etc. One day they may get cheaper, but no idea there. Also Jap histories are hard to come by and at 77000m I think it could do with one.

New JDM Type R - we could investigate that. But the added costs will bump up the price. Also, there has been a ruling recently where Colt Cars have managed to prevent Grey Import sales of new (late) models which are similar to UK versions. A dealer wouldn't want to be stuck with cars they couldn't sell. Ditto, has an SVA report been created for the JDM CTR? as that would be expensive to do from scratch.

Jap pricing is something like cost plus 10% duty, plus shipment say £600 grand total plus VAT. Then SVA and Alarm that's about another £800 then MOT if required. Then DVLA paperwork and RFL price. Plus underseal and any other prep which may include a big hole where the radio would be and four bald tyres, they seem to like a slick tyre in Tokyo!

I have taken a flyer on a modded Integra in white with assorted Mugen spoilers, exhaust, inlet and coilover suspension mods. It is a superb trackday car.

As for DC5 and DC2, I'm hoping to buy the occasional DC2 from some new advertising coming out in the next few months.

I'll get in touch once I have something suitable and standard to test drive.

Reaction score
Sounds good Steve,

Am looking forward to coming down and driving one,and be good to see you aswell.

I don't mind driving one that has a few mods,as they could save money in the long run!!!

Anyway thanks for the comments so far,still dosen't make it any easier to make a decision though!!!!

Can you think of any other cars that might fit the bill?
Am looking for inspiration aswell....................

Reaction score
Aah, but have you a Trophy? Light-years ahead of mere mortal 182's you see. :lol: :wink:

No, seriously, your conversion speaks volumes though, the 182 is almost as fast (some would say a better driver's car and more fun) but a fraction of the cost to run, one plus point of 182 over Teg ownership - running costs.

If I had a DC5, I would be looking to get a Trophy by now, it's just nice to try different things. I'd really like a Bimmer for a while or something RWD and with some real muscle, preferably a V8, but a nice 320-355bhp straight six would do.

Reaction score
Steve said:
Aah, but have you a Trophy? Light-years ahead of mere mortal 182's you see. :lol: :wink:

No, seriously, your conversion speaks volumes though, the 182 is almost as fast (some would say a better driver's car and more fun) but a fraction of the cost to run, one plus point of 182 over Teg ownership - running costs.

If I had a DC5, I would be looking to get a Trophy by now, it's just nice to try different things. I'd really like a Bimmer for a while or something RWD and with some real muscle, preferably a V8, but a nice 320-355bhp straight six would do.

:lol: Git!!!

The DC5 isn't an expensive car to run in all honesty.
Insurance is more expensive, but thats due to being an import. But servicing is the same as a CTR which is the same as any other Civic. Tires are cheaper than PE2's believe it or not & it's about the same on petrol.

G

Steve said:
I'd really like a Bimmer for a while or something RWD and with some real muscle, preferably a V8, but a nice 320-355bhp straight six would do.
Splash out and get one of those new VXR8 Monaros. I saw one on Saturday and it was utterly gorgeous. 8-[

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
Git!!!

The DC5 isn't an expensive car to run in all honesty.
Insurance is more expensive, but thats due to being an import. But servicing is the same as a CTR which is the same as any other Civic. Tires are cheaper than PE2's believe it or not & it's about the same on petrol.

...and you're really not helping either SpaceMonkey! So are you telling me the only reason you changed to a 182 was the insurance costs? Or did you fancy a change too?