Reaction score
Does anyone know the fastest recorded time for this please?

Reaction score
Going off the clock i seemed be getting just under 9 minutes, could be quicker could be slower, didnt time properly for fear of getting over-competitive and stacking it!

Reaction score
I wondered the same thing when i watched the R26-R vid, haven't ever seen or heard of any full-lap times for the 182/Trophy with a pro-driver at the wheel. It would obviously be plenty under 9mins as I can consistently break 9 BTG in mine (providing little traffic) and a pro-driver (with a totally empty track as they have on test days too) would make a massive difference and the difference in lap time between BTG and a full lap actually isn't that much at all!

Reaction score
The difference between BTG and a full lap is actually about 30 seconds, probably more for the Trophy as it isn't very fast in a straight line, so I think that the full lap time is very unlikely to be much below 9 minutes, no matter how good the driver is.

I know that a well driven 172 Cup is capable of about 8.35 BTG, and I would expect the Trophy to be in that ball park as well, maybe a bit faster. Obviously that is for a standard(ish) car.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looking at most lap times of UK circuits the trophy is around 0.05 to 0.12 seconds a mile quicker than the 172 cup in standard form (depending on the circuit) at Power circuits like Thruxton its the lower end of the advantage, at more technical twisty circuits like Oulton, Cadwell etc its the latter end of the advantage.

Not sure what this would mean on the 'ring as it's a mixture of the two, but with most of the power straights coming after technical corners i'd have thought the speed carried onto the straights would be a major factor in lap time so would expect it to be towards the 0.10 per mile end of things.

How long is the BTG lap of the ring? if the estimate of the 172 Cup time is 8.35 you could work out a rough estimate of the trophy time if you knew the distance....

Does that makes sense?

Ajr

Reaction score
About 13 miles btg i seem to remember. Either way, you'd have to be going flat out on a TF day to get close to 8:30 on road tyres. I got just over 9 mins in a rented 197 FF on ruined tyres with quite a few hold ups. Obv with a £6000 excess i wasn't going flat out(Edit: That and it was the first time i'd driven a left hand drive car, let alone in anger). Won't be taking my trophy on track though, sad as it may seem.

Reaction score
Ajr said:
About 13 miles btg i seem to remember. Either way, you'd have to be going flat out on a TF day to get close to 8:30 on road tyres. I got just over 9 mins in a rented 197 FF on ruined tyres with quite a few hold ups. Obv with a £6000 excess i wasn't going flat out(Edit: That and it was the first time i'd driven a left hand drive car, let alone in anger). Won't be taking my trophy on track though, sad as it may seem.

Was that one of Ron's? I thought they were all Cups. He can hustle that thing around in about 8.35 as well. Kind of highlights a general stagnation of progress for the Clio's don't it? 172, 182 and 197 all get around in about the same time.

Ajr

Reaction score
Yeah one of Rons, well i rented it from dale. It had silver wheels so i'd guess it was a full fat? Although i was told they are cups. The 197 is too underpowered for a car so heavy. The suspension is too soft for track work too but then it is a road car so it's expected really.

Cue - No.427, not picking it up till saturday.