Reaction score
I'm just wondering what most people do without xenons?

I'm hoping to get a Trophy soon and I'm thinking of getting some xenon like H7 lights to replace the standard ones. I orginally had some of these on my first clio and they where rather good. Ofcourse not as good as the real things though.

Plus, anyone change their side lights also?

Reaction score
Stevo said:

:lol: just turn our 'normal' headlights on! The way you have put that comes across that without xenons its dangerous to drive :lol:

99% of people just leave the headlights as they are fine.

are you really that bothered by xenons? For what reason?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol, this old chestnut... There are two types of xenon lights... HID xenons (which are commonly referred to as Xenons) and bulbs with Xenon gas in them (which allows a much brighter filiment to be intstalled).

The HID ones require a seperate power supply and weigh in at over 10kg each over the OEM ones... plus by law you need a washer jet. - this is what the 182 FF has.

You can get xenon gas bulbs like these: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220 ... C07118.jpg

hope this helps.. see here for what bulbs i've upgraded to : http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/garage.ph ... cle&CID=90

Reaction score
Cue said:
lol, this old chestnut... There are two types of xenon lights... HID xenons (which are commonly referred to as Xenons) and bulbs with Xenon gas in them (which allows a much brighter filiment to be intstalled).

The HID ones require a seperate power supply and weigh in at over 10kg each over the OEM ones... plus by law you need a washer jet. - this is what the 182 FF has.

You can get xenon gas bulbs like these: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220 ... C07118.jpg

hope this helps.. see here for what bulbs i've upgraded to : http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/garage.ph ... cle&CID=90

I've just gone and got a set, i'll see if there as good as everyone says......
(good excuse for a night drive :lol: )

Reaction score
TrophyDan said:
I've just gone and got a set, i'll see if there as good as everyone says......
(good excuse for a night drive :lol: )

You won't be dissapointed, i've got the Osram's which are great though a think the phillips now have an edge.

G

Matt X2C said:
Stevo said:

:lol: just turn our 'normal' headlights on! The way you have put that comes across that without xenons its dangerous to drive :lol:

Ever heard of 'only drive as fast as you can see'? The further you can see, the faster you can go, and after all, the whole point of a fast car is to, err, go fast. :D

Reaction score
HID Xenons also need to be self levelling

They're not all they're cracked up to be anyway IMO

I wasn't impressed with the ones on my FF

Reaction score
My Trophy currently has Xenon's (retro fitted by the previous owner) I am impressed with them now there properly adjusted but will be reverting to the standard lights (albeit with upgraded bulbs) and selling these on when I have the chance to change them

R2TR

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
Stevo said:

I'm not bothered by xenons at all, I did have a FF 182 not long ago but have used the H7 xenons bulbs in my previous clio so know what to expect. I was just interested to find out what the general consensus is with Trophy owners.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Reaction score
I think that the original headlamps and bulbs are quite good actually. Throws light much better than my old Golf Mk4. Although those bulbs that Cue mentioned above seem interesting - what would the damage be for a set of those?

Reaction score
hon_bris said:
I think that the original headlamps and bulbs are quite good actually. Throws light much better than my old Golf Mk4. Although those bulbs that Cue mentioned above seem interesting - what would the damage be for a set of those?

About £20 - 25 i think, can't honestly remember how much mine were :?

Reaction score
182 xenons are overrated anyway. I have them on my black 182. I actually prefered the osrams i had in my old cup tbh.

Reaction score
David87 said:
Matt X2C said:
Stevo said:

Ever heard of 'only drive as fast as you can see'? The further you can see, the faster you can go, and after all, the whole point of a fast car is to, err, go fast. :D

full beam :D

Reaction score
I have replaced both my dipped beam and main with a set of High power White bulbs (Halfords Own) and they are awsome really bright and give of the HID look but still road legal.