Reaction score
Some really interesting information in this thread. I suppose im just miffed at wanting a Trophy(and will end up buying one) but having to pay more than i would have a year ago, then no doubt when i come to sell it the market will be back to normal and ill loose a fortune. I know the Trophy is special and demands a premium and depreciation is a risk with any car but at the current prices im unsure about going fora 197 instead, for example the ones i have been looking at:

06 Trophy, 30k miles, £8,000
07 197 40k miles £7,995

Reaction score
Have you driven either yet? that may clear a few things up :wink:

Reaction score
I paid £7800 for mine sept last year and I believe I got a fair price. Yes it would have been about £7k 6 months earlier but I made £1650 on my 225 F1 so I could not care less even if I could only get £6k for it now.

Although, its mint, Zymoled and only on 21k so I dare say I'd get most of my money back!

Reaction score
marrow said:
Steve - sounds like T22PHY is a 'special' ?

Yes, 095 has a lot going for it and I've sold a lot of cars in the last five years that if I had more money I should have kept. I dare say it will go up for sale soon once the cashflow reality bites. I'll get it prepped first and destroy any likely profit haha.

I suppose if a fairly std one can go up for £7950, mine might stand another grand? :)

Reaction score
Come on Steve, spill the beans... what's so special about 095?

Reaction score
ITG Maxogen, Blue Flame Exh, Grp N Remap, Braided Hoses, Grooved Front, Cross Drilled Rear, upgrade pads, T22PHY plate. 4 recent Michelin Exaltos. One owner and low average mileage. I am getting 36k svc , cam and aux belt done. Dampers tight, but I have a spare set. Only have to replace splitter and a couple of wheel refurbs. Inside lovely, Trophy Mats, i-Pod adapter, wiper stalk upgrade. Speakers sound good, may also be upgraded.

Its a flying machine, and stops on it's nose.

I suppose if not bothered you could say a newer Clio 197 is better value, but this is a different, faster car. Renault should still make new ones!

I have a load of hi-fi, monster wiring and sub from a Trophy that will go straight in, so was thinking about keeping it, not really sure.

Reaction score
Remember when there was one going for £8,900 at that Mazda garage last year. If 095 is really special why not try and sell it for 10k like that one in Ireland?