Reaction score
Time to move on as need four doors after my poor effort with a baby seat yesterday. My perfect world of Trophy & R26 has to end.

Trophy 55 Plate
32000 miles
Shocks Refurbished Aug 2009
FSH
Replacement Steering Wheel from Renault
Tax Sept 10
MOT Oct 10

Full "Story" & Pics on Pistonheads

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1457790.htm

Please PM with any questions or Intrest.

Reaction score
Fine example! I don't think you will be holding onto this for long.

Will be a sad day to see it go though I'm sure. Good luck with the sale :)

Reaction score
Destined for Victory said:
very nice example, ive just seen an 06 plate one on there with 8k miles for 10 grand :shock:

Yeah! It's from ireland isn't the owner a member on here? A one with just over 9k sold for over 8 grand. Your Trophy looks very clean and tidy btw :D

Reaction score
Ive been in the market for a Trophy for around a month or so now but the prices some people are asking is making me look elsewhere which is a shame as im a genuine clio enthuiast. Our local Renault Holdcroft had one on 39k miles, Belts done and dampers refurbed for £7k and this is Renault Prices, i just missed out. Yet people still seem to think they can ask for £8k+, they were this much 18 months ago and £8k+ is 197 money.

I know you can argue that a car is worth what people are willing to pay but i guess thats why so many of them lie on PH unsold for so long because people like me who have the money refuse to pay the silly asking prices :(

Reaction score
Yeah thats about what it amounts to, when i sold mine they werent fetching this much at all im actually loooking at going back to a 182 and i would consider ff cup or trophy but the prices people are asking is just a bit silly even some with around 50k miles are up for 7 grand or over

Reaction score
Destined for Victory said:
Yeah thats about what it amounts to, when i sold mine they werent fetching this much at all im actually loooking at going back to a 182 and i would consider ff cup or trophy but the prices people are asking is just a bit silly even some with around 50k miles are up for 7 grand or over

Sorry for Hijaking your post 'Not a diesel' as your car is a stunning example but just becasue Trophy owners love them more than a fat kid loves cake and 'detail' them every sunny day god sends doesn't mean they can command a £3k premium over a low mileage 182 Cup/FF. If it was priced what i would consider to be reasonable(£6500-£6900) id snap your arm off.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A2H GO said:
but just becasue Trophy owners love them more than a fat kid loves cake and 'detail' them every sunny day god sends doesn't mean they can command a £3k premium over a low mileage 182 Cup/FF.

Of course it means that, we're all fat kids who who like to have our cake and eat it.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
A2H GO said:
but just becasue Trophy owners love them more than a fat kid loves cake and 'detail' them every sunny day god sends doesn't mean they can command a £3k premium over a low mileage 182 Cup/FF.

Of course it means that, we're all fat kids who who like to have our cake and eat it.

:lol:

Reaction score
Thanks for your "positive" feedback. I am always surprized when an owner forum talks the price of there cars down.

I have had more genuine intrest in 4 days than any other car I have sold..... ever.

BUT.

I am actually withdrawing it from Sale as the car I was going to be collecting in two days is no longer for Sale. And there is so little on the market I dont want to sell without a replacement. Keep your eyes peeled it may be for sale again in a few weeks

######CAR NO LONGER FOR SALE########

Reaction score
A2H GO said:
Ive been in the market for a Trophy for around a month or so now but the prices some people are asking is making me look elsewhere which is a shame as im a genuine clio enthuiast. Our local Renault Holdcroft had one on 39k miles, Belts done and dampers refurbed for £7k and this is Renault Prices, i just missed out. Yet people still seem to think they can ask for £8k+, they were this much 18 months ago and £8k+ is 197 money.

I know you can argue that a car is worth what people are willing to pay but i guess thats why so many of them lie on PH unsold for so long because people like me who have the money refuse to pay the silly asking prices :(

The thing is though you will always get bergains out there, just because you have seen one for a low price doesnt mean they are all gonna be like that. Prices slumped last year where decent trophies were selling for around 6- 6.5k but now they are actually picking up again, hence the 8k prices. Its hardly fair that your criticising his price just because you have seen this one at renault. Plus there will always be a premium on a trophy compared to a normal 182 (there are some bloody cheap ones out there at the mo). And if you really wanted one i dont see why you would be looking elswhere?

Reaction score
I'm another who can never understand why owner's forums talk down the price of their cars. I would NEVER sell a car on a forum like this as all you get is wankers saying things like "aw thats well overpriced m8" etc. Stick it on autotrader and you nearly always get what it's worth.

ps. If you can't understand why a Trophy commands a healthy premium over a FF182, you shouldn't be a member of this site tbh.

Reaction score
Rhod_399 said:
I'm another who can never understand why owner's forums talk down the price of their cars. I would NEVER sell a car on a forum like this as all you get is wankers saying things like "aw thats well overpriced m8" etc. Stick it on autotrader and you nearly always get what it's worth.

ps. If you can't understand why a Trophy commands a healthy premium over a FF182, you shouldn't be a member of this site tbh.

I never said that this or any other Trophy was overpriced, i simply said that the price people are asking(determined by the market) is silly. As mentioned previously, good examples 18 months ago were selling for £1000 less than todays current market value whereas every other used car(except the odd few i.e 1.9cdti Astra) has depreciated in value.

Parkers value a good Private sale of a Trophy at just over £6000 and a dealer sale at £7000.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-pric ... 6&plate=79

This is what the dealers sell them at(they are not a bargain, this is their value) yet people still seem to be asking £8k+ for a private sale because they treasure them more than life itself and it therefore must be worth at least £1000 more than it actually is. #-o

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A2HGO i don't want to get on your back but you contradict yourself, at the start you say that ppl are selling their cars at prices determined by the market and at the end that those sellers are asking up to £8k just because we love them. Those sellers would not advertise them for that price unless there was a realistic chance of getting somewhere close.
Basically Parkers prices are not necessarily what the market will bear and it's been proven on here time and again that most dealers do not have a clue when it comes to the Trophy.

EDIT;Misuse of there instead of their so irritating.

Reaction score
A2HGO I wasn't having a pop at you specifically...just my experiences of trying to sell cars on a variety of car forums (not just Renault).

I wouldn't trust a Parkers guide as a good indicator of market price either, they'll probably just value it the same as any 182.

Reaction score
the trophy is only about £200 more than standard 182 thats on the parkers website. its completly wrong. Whatcar? on the other hand can realise the difference between the t and normal 182. 35k miles for a 55 reg'182 is about £6.5k and trophy with same miles and age £7.2k. bit more accurate prices me thinks

Reaction score
I cant see the problem, majority of low millage 182 cups (30-40K) are going for £6000

Yet a trophy which only 500 made, expensive seats and suspension doesnt demand an extra 1.5k if in mint condition

Seems about right to me.

Reaction score
I've bought about 150 cars in the last 12 months and 90% are more expensive than in 2007-2008. The poor supply and high demand for used cars has caused the hike. Many dealers who relied on small cars up to say £5000 are really struggling. Something like a Focus ST3 or ST500 is nearly £2000 more than then. Megane R26 and Clio R27 are still (say) 110% of what they were in 2007 and are only just coming back to a price where I can get my head around them.

Ditto have you seen the price of new cars of later. The weak £ vs the Euro and Yen has really started to bite on imports and new car parts causing new car price inflation.

As for Trophys, far fewer have come onto the market, and more have been written off I'd imagine. Someone I know just sold a Trophy with NO Service history for £7250, but I admit if someone really wants to pay that then it's their business. The seller was lucky IMO that the market sold it, not him.

If you think this one is expensive, you'll have palpitations if I put T22PHY back on the market with about £2000 of mods and the plate too - of which similar I've given away in the past only to see the owners ask silly money for.. but let's not start another debate haha.

A2H GO said:
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-pric ... 6&plate=79[/url]

This is what the dealers sell them at(they are not a bargain, this is their value) yet people still seem to be asking £8k+ for a private sale because they treasure them more than life itself and it therefore must be worth at least £1000 more than it actually is. #-o[/quote:1k4flt7p]