S4M

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Right i get payed in a few days and after having the catback miltek installed last month want more NOISE !!!! but am unsure if i should decat or not. Ive had decats before so know the score but does it make

A. A big sound increase

B. A performance diffrence

C. Does it make the engine warning light come on

Cheers Folks :D

Reaction score
A. Probably won't notice any great noise difference

B. Will give a slight improvement as the engine will breathe a bit easier

C. Yes, engine light does come on sometimes, mine has only come on once in a year or so that I've had a decat fitted. Get yourself a code reader from ktec for about 30 quid, to turn it off.

:mrgreen:

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
S4M said:
SO is it worth it ;) ?

Hell yeah!! I tried mine with the Cat back in last year and put the De-Cat straight back in again. Do it... You'll love it!!! :twisted:

Reaction score
90% of the exhaust power gains are in the decat, aswell as points A and B so I would say for £85....yes it is!

Reaction score
Theres a thread over on cliosport about a scorpion developed exhaust for a 182 and part of the development was a decat pipe.

Think you can get it for about £50 of ebay.

Heres a link to the development of the system

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCORPION-RS192-CA ... dZViewItem

Personally I wouldn't bother and after reading the above (which is the first published back to back info that i've came across) I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of swapping back and forth at MOT time especially for such minimal gains.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Cue said:
it's 20 mins of a job max to swap them.

20 Mins... Damn you must have perfected the art. :) Is that with the car on ramps? It took me just over an hour with it jacked on my drive.