Reaction score
Hi All,
Just sold my VX220 for an impending house purchase, but now need a new car as well, and it has to be a Trophy. 15 years ago when I started driving I dreamt of that R5 turbo, but alas I could never afford it. Anyway I can now and the Trophy is todays version of that as far as I'm concerned (apart from the V6, but I need a bit of practicality after the VX).
Anyway found this site today, and artdealers website a few days ago with a few nice models for sale, and just wondered if you guys & gals could point me in the right direction to answer a few questions.
When I owned the VX I spent £3-4K tuning it up with a remap, Miltek exhaust (£1K+), ITG Induction, Mintex pads, best oil and fluids etc etc...... but what are the tuning/brake upgrade options for the trophy.
Not really interested in noise enhancing, more performace enhancing (if this is even necessary??) Keen to lose any flats spots, increase the breathing and enhance the breaking capabilities really.
15 years ago it used to be Radbourne Racing who tuned the R5 turbos, who is todays market leader for tuning and upgrades?
Any other pointers for improving the car would be great, not really interested in suspension upgrades because from what I have read why ruin a perfect set-up.
Hopefully be in the market for buying late April/early May so keen to find out whats about and what direction to go with any future upgrades.
Hope you guys can advise.
Cheers,
Richard

Reaction score
Hi,

Welcome! Mine is for sale and has all the right mods including PF97 pads (said to be best all out performance pad, as used on cup cars), brembo HC discs, braided lines, itg induction, janspeed exhaust, two permagard coats, etc.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Hi RickyK, whatever you want to do to it, it's out there, Clio 182's are pretty common and cheap so there are lots of tuning companies offering lots of bits and bobs, ones I can think of off the top of my head are;

www.yozzasport.co.uk and
www.k-tecracing.com

I hate to sound lazy but you'll really need to trawl through the mods posts to see what's what. Far too many options and opinions to name them here, but in mine it's well worth getting a re-map and a brake upgrade (nothing major just better pads really). Lots have gone for AM exausts mostly to get a nicer sound from the somewhat subdued standard system and lots too have a panel filter or a closed IK to improve breathing. The suspension as you say is optimised perfectly for fast road driving but enormous potential can be unleashed by the 10 minute job of removing those little pins...

P.S> Buy it from Steve Coulter and get a good one, comes highly recommended from all who have dealt with him (298 was an early alltrophys sale).