Reaction score
Is it just me or does the trophy sit quiet high. Just was woundering if anybody else has noticed, and have they done anything to adjust the hight

Reaction score
Do you mean the seats or the car itself?
Don't think I'd wanna be doing anything to mess with the car with the expensive sachs dampers and the like, with the seats thats just the common Clio complaint, although the Recaros are an improvement on the seats I had in my 172

Reaction score
Ride Height

If you are talking about the ride height of the car then there are Spax lowering springs available for the Trophy. There was a thread on here not that long ago.

I tend to agree that visually the Trophy would benefit from being lower but I personally would not want to take a risk messing with the factory set-up or damaging the dampers as there not that readily available and very expensive.

Reaction score
jimpey said:
and have they done anything to adjust the hight

Why should they? This is a drivers car. Ricers need not apply.

O.

Reaction score
it does indeed look a bit odd but as said i wouldnt mess with it.
Oliie....you cant not like the look of a low car

Reaction score
iain_c said:
Oliie....you cant not like the look of a low car

Agreed.. but not at the expense of great handling! I had a 330ci that sat literally 1 inch off the road... I couldn't drive it anywhere! Pics below (mine is the one on the right...).

I'd take the Trophy everytime... :)

bm1-vi.jpg

bm2-vi.jpg

bm3-vi.jpg

Reaction score
The problem with lowering a car is how close you get to the bump stops - on a saloon road or race, you need bump travel or the handling will be a nightmare - go and stand on a fast corner on a bumpy circuit and watch a badly set-up car bouncing off the bump stops. It is possible to use progressive bump stops, but these need very careful matching to the car and chosen ride height.

You could probably lower the rear as it is set up for passengers and luggage, but in so doing you will move the rear roll centre and this might affect the handling balance the wrong way.