Reaction score
Hi all,

Went to Renault London West to book service #3 in and spotted a Trophy for sale.

Can't remember the plate (think it was '05) but it had an RAC windscreen (replacement unit) and was priced at £12,999 with under 10,000 on the clock.

Anyone from here?

Also managed to sit in the new 197 - getting in was like climbing into a bus! The front seats are so high off the floor of the car! However the larger interior is always nice, as was the 6 speed box.

O.

Reaction score
P.S. maybe I will leave a note on the car asking the new owner to sign up here? :) Not too sure Renault London West would appreciate me leaving notes though...

O.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That could upset a few salesmen.......but do it anyway!!

Reaction score
Mine's got an effing great bubble in the glass right in my eyeline.

When I bought it, I thought it'd really bug me, but the screens been covered in flies and dirt ever since, so....

Reaction score
Went to see this car. Its number 2 and has 7000miles.

Its had goodness knows how many sets of tyres but the fronts had about 6mm on and the rears had about 3mm. I think the fronts were changed and the rears were kept on as the rears looked like they had been tracked and the fronts did not.

The pads were quite worn at the front I think at half thickness and there was like crumbling round the edges. Looked like pad deposits on the discs but could have been dirt.

Noticed a slight oil residue on one of the front dampers reservoirs, perhaps just grease. Underneath the car its quite dirty perhaps normal.

It has a RAC windscreen as was said. IMHO I think this car is to be avoided, after 3 years its probably going to get very very expensive - new dampers, new discs etc.

They are asking £12,999 which is just stupid money really I think, I could be wrong. Someone will no doubt chime in to correct me.

Reaction score
Like you've said, probably one to be avoided, but a great number to own, maybe the lowest that will be sold to the public?

Reaction score
To me the number is worth a few hundred quid at most. I guess avoidance is a bad word to use when the car is designed to be used as such. For me personally, I just want to avoid a car that would be expensive in the future.