Reaction score
Rick C196 said:
You're kidding, Stealthsport aren't trading any more? Looks like I'll have to contact BG then

To be honest, they never really 'traded' anyway, as they didnt sell anything.

No real loss tbh, plenty of other knowledgable people around.

Reaction score
Can I ask a stupid question - why are some people changing the springs as well as the dampers? :? Just called Renault and those dampers are £113+VAT each :shock:

Reaction score
To be honest my sportlines I dont think have made much of a difference, you certainly wouldnt look at my car and think its been lowered

Probably something wrong there :oops:

Reaction score
Rick C196 said:
T5PHY said:
Most people change to go lower.

Oh right so they're not prone to snapping at the same time as the dampers go?

Well in theory running the spring with no damper will stress the spring more, but the rears do very little, and its not a heavy car so unless there is any signs of wear i wouldn't worry too much.

Reaction score
Wots the deal with the trophy rear dampers, some ppl say there the same as either the 182 or the cup rears (can't remember which) but with a different sticker on, and some ppl say there different altogether on the t !

Any ideas ?

Reaction score
From what I've heard today they are the standard 182 ones, NOT the cup ones

The Renault parts system says the Trophy should have the 'extreme road pack' which according to their parts system is the cup dampers but from looking at the shocks themselves the part number is 8200 519954 which the guy seemed to think was the standard 182 shocks, by the sounds of it.

Reaction score
I have been led to believe by a few people in the know that it is the same as the rear cup damper, just with the addition of 'Trophy Tax'. My receipt for a fitted pair at £350 would certainly suggest that lol ...

Reaction score
right my dampers have packed in... found out yesterday...although i could feel it lol...

but they wanted a part number and mine has the sticker which has

DB5
84 4904 001 796 SACHS

so...

why is the picture above completly different number?

Reaction score
As per Dave - rear suspension is that of the 182 Cup - as standard hey come stickered as above but they are the same as the cup.

Read_Beastie: who knows? perhaps yours have been changed previously?

Reaction score
Red_Beastie said:
right my dampers have packed in... found out yesterday...although i could feel it lol...

but they wanted a part number and mine has the sticker which has

DB5
84 4904 001 796 SACHS

so...

why is the picture above completly different number?

I think your perhaps looking at a serial number rather than the part number 8200 514 734

Reaction score
my n/s damper has the same part number as the first post in here. are they maybe different part numbers for either side?

Reaction score
Now I'm confused, so is the part no. In the first post on this thread wrong and ur saying there the same as the cups not the 182 however earlier in the thread someone said Reno fitted them cup ones which were wrong and had them changed to 182 dampers.

I don't know wot to believe lol

Reaction score
well the rear dampers on my car is the same number thts in the first post....

so... guessing maybe they r just the same part, differet number?

it is french after all lol

Reaction score
Adam Trophy 37 said:
Now I'm confused, so is the part no. In the first post on this thread wrong and ur saying there the same as the cups not the 182 however earlier in the thread someone said Reno fitted them cup ones which were wrong and had them changed to 182 dampers.

I don't know wot to believe lol

I would guess they fitted the cup packed 182 dampers rather than the 182 cup dampers, as the Trophy is just a 182 cup with posh suspension on the front.

Reaction score
Apologies, the earlier picture was of the front Sachs damper (i copied the wrong link from my photobucket), i've now removed it. The rear damper on my Trophy is as follows:

The correct part number for the rear damper (as previously posted by the OP) is 8200 519 954

TrophyRearDamper.gif

However, it is highly likely that this is exactly the same as a cup packed 182 rear damper ...

Reaction score
I have 2 sets at home (the originals on my car and a set i got sent when i bought some spare fronts).

I will report back with the part numbers of them all tonight

edit: Looks like the mystery is solved!

Reaction score
Seems to be lots of confusion about this. I've currently got the Cup dampers (at least that's what Renault claim) on the back of mine after their parts system mixed up the numbers (see page 4). They look very different from the proper ones.
For starters, they're black rather than silver/grey, no mention of Sachs on them anywhere and the join between the parts looks different.
They definitely feel different!