Reaction score
Adam Trophy 37 said:
I've just noticed Ktec are selling OEM rear dampers for 172/172cup/182 and a separate item listed for the 182 cup there both black if the pics are correct and they only cost £57.60 including vat so I'm guessing none of them are correct for the trophy.
I've mailed them to find out.

Had a reply from Ktec. :
HI there, you are correct in that the Trohpy rear dampers are different. Renault have been known to supply the182/cup rear dampers to Trophy customers, mainly to those who wish to save money as the Trophy ones cost twice as much as the Cup versions. As long as you specify which car you have when you place the order, then we will send you the correct ones. These will be the same Sachs versions that you have. I hope this helps

Reaction score
Had a call this morning from Lookers renault dealership saying my rear sachs dampers have arrived. Hopefully they'll be right ones lol, will post up on tuesday when I go pick them up :)

Reaction score
Does anybody know the damping rates of the rear sachs? Along with Cup rears and koni rears?

Reaction score
A quick update, meant to post sooner.
As mentioned previously I've been driving round with the Cup dampers on since Renault got the wrong parts delivered to replace my leaking rear damper.

Now for the better news. They finally got the correct dampers in and fitted last week. I'd already paid for it before realising they'd stuck the wrong ones on, so was expecting them to try and charge more for the more expensive dampers. In the end they said I'd already paid, so there was no charge. Not sure whether they hadn't realised the price difference or it was a gesture of goodwill, but I'll take it either way.

Couldn't believe how much I missed driving it properly even though it was a relatively short time. Not sure what I'm going to do when it comes time to sell it!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Had mine fitted for a few weeks and the car feels very rigid! My old dampers were very tight
when removed so didn't really need replacing!

Still, after selling the old ones I've forked out £60 for the pair so can't grumble.

Have some cup dampers and they feel very soft in comparison!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I like big boxes :D

So I take it they can also supply the mounts? I threw my old Sachs dampers (inc mounts) in the skip. My Koni's came with mounts but they are different from the Sachs.

Reaction score
Not too sure Ben. I know 182 cup dampers come with all the mounts and nuts etc on them. Top mounts are the same as 182 cup (probably all 182's)

Think I've got one rear damper top mount if you need one, and renault can't supply them. Obviously only solves 1/2 your problem :lol:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks Keith :lol:

I don't get it, so you're saying I would have to buy a set of 182 dampers to get my hands on the mounts. I can't believe the 182 dampers come with everything and the Sachs don't!

Reaction score
Don't know if they sell them seperately Ben. Surely they do.

But yeah new rear Sachs dampers come in a big box with just the damper. Brand new rear cup damper comes in small box with everything needed to replace one (except bottom bolt) :lol:

Reaction score
The Renault garage found out the same thing. Cup dampers come with all the bits, Sachs dampers are just a shock in a box.
They thought that the mounts etc were the same as the Cup ones. Can anyone confirm this?