Reaction score
I have now decided to give my little trophy a re-map and have looked through previous posts to gain some idea on what folks have done and where they have been,but alas its left me a little confused!

I shall soon be booking in for a service down at rentech and was wondering whether to call into k-tec and get thier re-map.some old posts seem to suggest there may have been some sort of fault with it.im sure any problems will have been rectified by now.has anybody got their re-map?any problems with it?

plenty of good write ups for rs tuining in leeds as well and may consider that if any good.

my trophy has an ITG induction kit and some sort of aftermarket rear section exhaust tho not sure what type and i gather from previous posts its a good starting point to have a re-map done.

thanks for any helpful advice.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As far as I remember the ktec remap is a flash map and unless they've done lots of work on it or reduced the price I think I'd give it a miss. A live remap at somewhere like RS will be a little more expensive but money much better spent.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I would stay away from KTR's 'remap' as it is a 'flash map' as hoolio says. They have the data saved already on a file and it is uploaded to your ECU. To design/write the map they use a normal 182 so there is no problems there, but as we all know all engines are different so the map is not suited to 'your' engine.

RS Tuning will do a custom map to suite your engine and all your other mods will be accounted for as part of this, its mapped on the rollers and you will get a print out of the results, before and after. RS Tuning is the place to go mate.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You mean Paul wrote the map that they use ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes, the angelworks version is based on the RS as well, I sospect they buy the program to avoid doing the development themselves, RS sell it as well but their live map is superior for the reasons Ben mentioned.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
When I had my T put on the rollers at RS Tuning Paul said he could custom map the car just as well as he could do a live map on it. The live map is when the car is driven on the road and Paul sits in with you with the laptop which reads/records the data from the ECU, then Paul works his magic. Correct me if im wrong ?

I think the live map is used for more advanced mapping when things like Throttle bodies, cams, low compression pistons, stand alone ECU's etc are fitted ?? I was trying to listen but I was having a Homer Simpson moment.

Reaction score
I had a k-tec map on my old 182 and found it very good, better throttle response and mid range torque.
Obviously a live map would be better if you have mods but if you dont then i dont see any problems with a 'off the shelf' map.
I sent my data log to Henk, RSTuner, and he said it didnt need anything doing to it, the free map on fastchip site was good enough, although i dont have any mods appart from panel filter and acoustic valve removed.

Reaction score
Thanks to hoolio and BenG for your replies, much appreciated shall call RS tuining and see what they say and reccomend.

Reaction score
When I last spoke to rs tuning Paul said that unless you have done a few mods a custom map would only gain a couple of hp over his generic map.
But just a thought, if there are enough people interested in having their car mapped it may be worth a group buy?
If you are, reply here or pm if you would like it off the forum and I will give him a call as he did us some discount last time we went for a power run? that's if you can call 160 odd hp power :lol:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hmmm, im tempted but I dont have an induction kit.

WANTED - ITG Maxogen !

:)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
im up for a group buy on a remap - may take a month or so to organise which will suit my timescale. he usually does 5 or more cars for 10% off iirc..... which is around £30-40 saving.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Wasn't the last GB just for the RS flash remap though? Basically can he do 4 or 5 custom "live" remaps in a day?

Reaction score
I would be very interested in this, but Leeds is quite far from me. What do people think of RsTuner?

Reaction score
What proven gains form the rollers have people got from custom remaps like from RS Tuning.

I'm running ITG panel filter, stainless steel straight through exhaust and de-cat.