Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Picked up #126 just the other week. Previously owned a 172 PH2 in Oz before with mild mods, and now that i'm in the UK thought i'd go back to where it all started. Always wanted a Trophy and now the dream has been realised.

As far as modifications previous owner installed a Yozzasport cat back, and an RS tuner remap. Recently had the Sachs rebuilt which is a relief.
Anyhow here is a shot of the beauty after a fang through the Cotswolds.
i-2fKFQcB-L.jpg
It needs a little TLC to get it back to its prime, wheels need a refurb, which i plan to do shortly. Suspension bushes need a refresh, engine bay needs a major cleanup and the body work could do with a detail In the meantime brought these Oz Ultraleggeras whilst the Turinis get refurbed as a stop gap.
i-gVSjQ7N-L.jpg
Decided to powder coat them and refurb them before fitting them temporally and here is the end result and such a beautiful looking wheel in matt black.
i-9mRNpf4-L.jpg
Unfortunately the steering wheel suffered from the common melted rubber, so i had Royal Steering Wheels retrim the wheel in full black alacantatra with red stitching and decided to add a touch of carbon to finish it off. Perfect now!
i-qQbgddt-L.jpg

[FONT=Tahoma, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Thats it thus far, but i have lots of subtle plans to bring it back to as new a condition as i can get within reason. No major modification that will change the character of it but just personalise it for myself.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Next on the list includes refresh of the suspension bushes with powerflex bushes, change the engine and gearbox mounts to Vibratechnic versions, as well as the dogbone mount and clean up the engine bay. Pure motorsport brace and top mounts and I think that will keep me busy for a while. [/FONT]

Reaction score
hi, looks tidy, love the steering wheel :D

quite alot of people recommend sticking with OEM bushes and mounts, depends on you plans for it though? i swapped out my dogbone mount for powerflex purple, and also did the upper rear bushes with powerflex ones, as reanult do not do them :(

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes read lots of opinions. Not sure yet tbh. Will see how things progress with it. Though I like the idea of improving upon it.

Reaction score
thing is with uprated mounts it makes everything too hard and vibrates your teeth out :rolleyes: , fine if its going to be a track toy, but not so much daily driver

Reaction score
Yeah the benefits of the vibratechnics mounts far outway the minimal noise they make, driven a mates car with same setup and relative to the tincan a 182 is anyway, it's meh tbh haha

Reaction score
Well managed to get the Turini's off to the powder coaters for refurbishment.
And threw on the Ultraleggeras on for the time being.
i-r24B9jV-L.jpg

Reaction score
Steering wheel looks ace!

Like yourself, doing suspension refresh & planning oem (already has the powerflex dogbone) - was going to do a separate thread to ask but as it's related: anyone tried the powerflex arb & steering wheel bushes?

Reaction score
I have the power flex arb bushes, these will eventually be fitted so can't comment yet.

Fitted new floor mats and Bosch aero wipers
i-3KWXDxK-L.jpg
i-tTb2tgQ-L.jpg

Reaction score
That looks like a really good job. Did you get a new panel? I need to do mine
Yeah just brought a good condition used panel off ebay and swapped the fascia over as they front just clips off.

Reaction score
Managed to polish up the Yozzasport, now looks almost like brand new again.
i-kqQgMrk-L.jpg

i-kPJCnMR-L.jpg

Reaction score
Looks great :)

The Vibratek mounts aren't that bad tbh, have them on mine for about 5 years now and used as daily for 4 of those. Makes massive different for gear feel.

Worth looking into Yanoo stiff shift kit, nice improvement without taking anything away from originality.

@1in500 Got the ARB and steering rack ones on mine and makes a great little improvement imo.

Reaction score
Had the Turini wheels fully refurbished and powder coated in Anthracite also treated the car to a full detail over the weekend at Summit Detailing. Had Gtechniq C1 and then ExoV2 applied, and its now looking beautiful. Looks like a different colour now :D

i-LwMS9FG-L.jpg

i-hhFtKkv-L.jpg

i-vQ7bk9p-L.jpg

i-FVWCBNs-L.jpg

i-L53JGBp-L.jpg
*yes i have new exhaust mounts and intend to get back under there to replace the perished ones and line it back straight.

i-ShHbVBs-L.jpg

i-gfsrMRC-L.jpg

i-JXgQSdg-L.jpg
Ah looks so good now, although discovered the side mirrors need to be resprayed, as well as the door handles.