Reaction score
Still waiting for car. At least the dealer has given me a courtesy car in meantime. I managed to get test drive. I think it was no 363. WICKED WICKED. I originally test drove ordinary 182. The trophy seems so much more responsive. Does suspention really have that effect? Ill just have to be patient getting mine. Anyway to the point. Is there any benefit on running car on higher grade fuel such as Optimax. Should it be run on this anyway? Opinions please. :?:

Reaction score
Trophy's suspension is awesome, drove some of my favourite B-roads yesterday, mix of cambers and ruts etc, and the Trophy just took it all in it's stride! 8) Some points where my old 172 would be really struggling, the Trophy just took it all in it's stride. It is actually going to take me some time before I get used to driving it, it really is that much of an improvement over the 172!

Petrol, I am only going to use Optimax (soon to become V-power I believe), Renault stipulates that 98 Ron fuel should be used, and I think Optimax is the only one on the market that is 98 Ron (98.6 IIRC), BP Ultimate I think is 97 Ron.

How long you gotta wait for your Trophy?

Reaction score
The Trophy was due 20 September. I was told this in writing. Since then I have had 5!!! delays. Renault computer now says delivery 17 October but who knows. I almost gave up till I had test drive. Also renault dealer gave me cortersy car so makes things easier. I will wait. Its a great car. Who knows my number might now be 499 out of 500. No 500 I have been told is in competition. Just keep feeding me good things about the car. :)

Reaction score
5 Delays! :evil: That is very harsh! Stay the course though and you will not be disappointed! :D