Reaction score
Pulled up outside a restaurant in Brighton on Thursday night, and my fiance went to open the passenger door and had it literally wrenched away by the wind. It was wet, and freezing, so didn't check it out until yesterday.
Basically the door still closes, but it doesn't quite sit right. Feels as though it's angled slightly upwards, as the door mech is just catching. if you push down as you close it, no probs.

before I take it to a monkey at Tates Renault in Brighton, I just thought I'd ask some opinions? Is there an easy fix for this, or are we talking new door and mounts?

Their are no visible clues from inside or outside when the door is shut, i.e. still sealed properly etc and no visibly bent hinges etc. It seems to just sit about 3-5mm highertowards the rear of the door. I guess this might mean that the hinge is bent by a few mm and is having a knock on effect?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there is no adjustment on the hinges - they are welded - suspect they are abent like you say. TBH it will more likely be the reciplricle part of the door itself that is bent i'm sorry to say.

good luck hope it gets sorted

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had exactly this happen with my 172, although slightly more seriously by the sounds of it.

The door was so out of line I had to slam the door to get it to close. When i looked at the door by the hinges, the inner skin had slightly separated from the outer skin, so the whole door had bent a little near the hinges.

I adjusted the catch on the body of the car (adjustable by loosening the torx screws) so that it closed properly, but the door stuck out and sat angled up so the bump strips didn't line up.

I never did get it fixed, fortunately when i traded the car in for the Trophy, the dealer didn't spot it as the car was parked tight against another one in the car park :lol:

You can see mine was seriously out of shape in this picture:

DSC00021.JPG

Reaction score
Think I'm just going to have to take it to the dealers and see what they can do. It's definitely not as bad as yours Nik. Ouch. Worst case then I will just have to live with it. As long as you push down as you close the door then all's well.

On a positive, I went in to Tates Renault in Brighton on Sat to ask them about some various bits including the door and the manager there was really helpful.

I mentioned the door and also the shoddy paint on the rear spoiler below the brakelight and also threw in the fact that I am still waiting for DGL garages in High Wycombe to do anything about the missing splitter. He dived out the back and came back with a splitter that they had also forgotten to put on one of the trophy's they had. Said the other fella didn't want it as his drive would have just snapped it off. So one broken door and one free splitter.

I'll try and post some pics of the shoddy paint on the spoiler if I get a chance.

Cheers for the advice guys.

Reaction score
I think yours sounds the same as mine with dodgy pait under the brake light, looks like overspray. I could'nt be bothered to do anything about it as it would probably mean a respray and you dont really notice it unless you looking directly at it.

Reaction score
I think that's probably the case, the manager of the garage thought that by whining about paint and door at the same time though it might help on the door front. I think I'll see what response I get from Renault. As you say, prob not worth a full respray as you do have to look for it to notice the colour diff.

hyb

Reaction score
The clio doors are extremely light compared to my 3 series I had, I find myself holding onto them until they lock when open. Hope you get it sorted matey