Reaction score
anyone tried painting their calipers red?? how do u think it would look?? good or tacky...best get on photoshop lol.

Fitting my new brakes in a week or so, debating whether to paint the calipers. Not necessarily red, but anyone done any other coulours?? Black/Silver?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gareth said:
http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2221&highlight=calipers

have a read and i'll await similar reactions to your post :wink:

What for people to start talking about their treaders :wink:

Reaction score
I agree with some of the other posts, if they are starting to look a bit messy then i would paint them silver or maybe the anthracite.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Gareth said:

can always rely on Steve to talke things off topic :wink:

incidentally where is he hiding these days?

Reaction score
Gareth said:
hoolio said:
Gareth said:

can always rely on Steve to talke things off topic :wink:

incidentally where is he hiding these days?

Hiding? Bloody cheek, i have to try and hold a job down as well as run this site. :lol:

I was thinking only the other day how they might look OK in Capsicum Red or silver, better than orangey-brown anyway.

2 days to new brakes! Whoopee!! (offtopic) oops, don't kill me.

Reaction score
lol glad i read this.
ive had a week waiting to pick up my Trophy from Reno and i confess to considering chaving my calipers red :oops:

So thanks guys for making me see sense just in time!! i'll stick to uprating the wiper stalk and possibly a new gear knob, it was better on my 172.

forgive me, the Reno dealer is only about 300yards from my house so staring at my new beasty every day has sent me mad!! :twisted:

callipers.... dont do it, keep em naked as nature intended! :lol:

Reaction score
Steve said:
Hiding? Bloody cheek, i have to try and hold a job down as well as run this site. :lol:

haha, i must just not have noticed your posts of late then :wink:

run the site, are you sure :p

TRL

Reaction score
..Did'nt have you down as a neon and spinners man Matt ! ! ! Must be all that hanging about at the Purley Way meets ?

Reaction score
TRL said:
..Did'nt have you down as a neon and spinners man Matt ! ! ! Must be all that hanging about at the Purley Way meets ?

lol, you wont often find me there! But im into them shopping lists down the side of my car that make it go faster.

it was just a thought...still going to get it photoshopped tho :D :lol:

Reaction score
I am just in the process of chaning the pads and discs, and have decided to paint the calipers, but keeping them subtle and painting them black. I have aslo got hold of some Renault Sport high temp stickers which I may (not sure yet) put on to the front calipers just to make them look a little different.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
SteveC said:
I am just in the process of chaning the pads and discs, and have decided to paint the calipers, but keeping them subtle and painting them black. I have aslo got hold of some Renault Sport high temp stickers which I may (not sure yet) put on to the front calipers just to make them look a little different.

That'd be interesting..... post some pics up after you've done it.....

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol, wouldn't go near them with a barge pole....... ps someone on cliosport has just painted their calipers silver - and they're doing the rear one's in black.

They've posted some pics up.... not sure about them my self but each to their own.

Reaction score
Cue said:
did you get high carbon ones? what's the stopping like now?

Yep - Brembo HC's with new hoses, 5.1 fluid and Ferodo DS2500 pads, Still bedding in (read donkey post especially as you asked for the beans to be spilled on the pin removal) but on the way home today they already felt much better than before, the pedal feel is really nice, about an inch higher before resistance and weights up quicker. They sqeal a bit when applied lightly or really hard but this is most probably because they're new.

Reaction score
LOL at the fake Brembo covers,

I have actually seen a pair on a car once before, and I will be honest with you they look very realistic, they are actually made by Brembo themselves.

TBH though I would prefer to save my money and chuck a set of Brembo 4 Pots on, at least then I can say I have the real thing.