Reaction score
Somewhere on the roads in North Yorkshire
I was really interested in this too, I had my car in the shop yesterday and was told my standard blower is just about baked. So knowing how expensive they are (the CAT has had it too!) I got on line this great site and saw this post, I registered but by the time activation mail came through it had gone :(

However Streetfighter kindly gave me some advice and I have actually found another Orbisoud :mrgreen: Brand new so will be about a £1000 :shock:

So before I make a hefty purchase I wanted to gauge your opinions on the other options I found. Basically I need the whole exhaust, manifold back:
Direct from Renault: £1,647 inc. VAT
KTR Full system: £680 inc. VAT
JanSpeed full system: £795 inc. VAT

So I guess my question is which one is best/easiest to fit/most performance enhancing value for money, oh and how loud is the Orbisoud (the one I have found is the sports/race one!?)

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
As Cue said I would consider those two also, the main thing for me was weight saving, quality and sound. The Orb provided all of these and was worth every penny.
The sound you will have to live with everytime you drive, the quality of all of them will easily outlast the car (most likely) and then they have varying weight benefits depending on configuration.

S4M

Reaction score
Cor what a bargin

£500 on my VXT just about gets me a miltek backbox :lol:

Reaction score
I'm not in a position to replace my exhaust as yet - it's not showing signs of falling off! :wink: But when it does I shall find something better. - would certainly have snapped this up if I'd been looking for one.

To add to the exhaust debate - I have often wondered if it's worth approaching tubi or larini (they advertise in EVO).. I know that they appear to produce supercar systems but I looked on the tubi site and they have developed alfa exhausts and also mention a smart car exhaust, so on those grounds, is it worth pursuing them to develop a clio system? If they're good enough for supercars then surely they're good enough to grace a luxo barge scaring hotch hatch? 8) - opinions?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik5i1ver said:
hotch hatch?

[-X Isn't it a little early to be starting on the brews Rich :lol:

Think the best advice is to try to see and hear the exhaust in the flesh really, i bought the orb literally on reputation and the look from pics and for the first day or so thought i'd made a massive mistake, so glad now though :)

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

D'oh! To be honest I'm surprised I'm awake enought to type at all.. Clearly my latte wasn't strong enough this morning...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So who's got this anyway? I know it's someone on here but i've not heard yet.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
RedlineBreaker said:
I was really interested in this too, I had my car in the shop yesterday and was told my standard blower is just about baked. So knowing how expensive they are (the CAT has had it too!) I got on line this great site and saw this post, I registered but by the time activation mail came through it had gone :(

However Streetfighter kindly gave me some advice and I have actually found another Orbisoud :mrgreen: Brand new so will be about a £1000 :shock:

So before I make a hefty purchase I wanted to gauge your opinions on the other options I found. Basically I need the whole exhaust, manifold back:
KTR Full system: £680 inc. VAT
JanSpeed full system: £795 inc. VAT

So I guess my question is which one is best/easiest to fit/most performance enhancing value for money, oh and how loud is the Orbisoud (the one I have found is the sports/race one!?)

Thanks for your help

I'll sell you the Janspeed system thats currently on the car after i've installed the new Orb I've even got a decat if you want that too.

Can't wait to collect it and install it! :D

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
hehe. I was looking at them this time last year but couldn't justify the cost for them new. Saw this post and straight away knew i MUST get this! :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
RedlineBreaker said:

You're having a laugh aren't you, i knew it was overpriced but i fail to see how on earth can they justify that. :shock:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's spot on - they wanted to charge me that when they buggered up the original one, the replacement isn't even a one piece exhaust it's two piece so you need a joining sleeve.

hence the reason why I bought the prospeed. :wink:

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
hoolio said:
So who's got this anyway? I know it's someone on here but i've not heard yet.

That'll be me! :)

Another Orbisoud hits the hampshire streets. You never did arrange to have a listen to mine. You have your own now tho. :)

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I was just thinking that today. I've been sold by the comments everyone makes about them on here and CS. I want to get it on the car ASAP! :)

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
It's being fitted tomorrow! :D

Thanks MAtt, it was good to meet you Saturday.

Then need to put my Janspeed on the market.