Reaction score
Was at the 'ring at the weekend, had a fantastic time in the Trophy, definitely the most fun I've had there yet :D

Was hugely impressed with the Pagid Blues, they really did give incredible stopping power.

Got a clip of the last lap of the day, but wasn't the fastest. My best was a 9:08 with traffic and a mate managed a 9:02 on a clear lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x9_5FBp_50

Reaction score
good vid what camera were you using and i can not wait until august now :D

Reaction score
That was recorded with a Lumix LX3 but I forgot to set it to hi def #-o

Tried to use Harry's Lap Timer on the iPhone also and I was very impressed with the potential data you can get but the GPS quality is so poor on the iPhone. Perhaps with a cradle mounted to the screen the results would be better.

Reaction score
Like the vid! Sounds like you were searching for grip! When did you last check the geometry?? Any idea what your V max was??

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Like the vid! Sounds like you were searching for grip! When did you last check the geometry?? Any idea what your V max was??

Never checked the geometry? :?: Why would it be out?

V max was probably through the foxhole, I was flat through there about 125mph. Though I'm not sure what I was doing on the approach to Schwedenkreuz, probably a similar speed.

Reaction score
Nice lap =D>

I was out there last month for the first time in my cup (took my old trophy last year though) also going back in september, brilliant place.

How many laps have you done now?

Reaction score
Gman said:
Nice lap =D>

I was out there last month for the first time in my cup (took my old trophy last year though) also going back in september, brilliant place.

How many laps have you done now?

Erm... about 25 ish over the last few years. Came off at Schwedenkreuz last year in another car so if I was a bit tentative around there you'll understand why!

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Tyre squeal, seemed excessive - could be pressures could be geo??

Tyre pressures were 33 front 30 rear (adjusted for the heat). What's involved in adjusting the geometry? Is it something anyone can do?

Reaction score
Rick C196 said:
Erm... about 25 ish over the last few years. Came off at Schwedenkreuz last year in another car so if I was a bit tentative around there you'll understand why!

The last two times i've been there i've seen nasty accidents at Schwedenkreuz both M3s, and two of my favourite models, a E46 CSL and a E30 M3 EVO.

Have you got the Michelin PE2s on your trophy? I've got them in trophy size on my cup and i was getting similar squeal but apparently you couldn't hear it outside of the car, or it wasn't as obvious according to some friends. It was about 35degrees though if i remember correctly.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you really need laser aligement stuff to do a proper accurate job - i'd say for track work get some aftermkt camber bolts from eibach and go to -2.0 camber on the front and neutral toe... you'll find you carry a bit more sped through the corners and friction is reduced down the straights leading to slightly quicker acceleration and higher top speeds (but with lower tyre temps) although the downside is you do loose a tad of stability under heavy braking (im talking samping on them) by going to neutral toe.

Reaction score
I do a fair bit of track with mine - BIG difference with -2 degs camber ( with eibach bolts) and the correct toe out (tiny just 10") set up as per advice from an earlier thread on here somewhere.
Your TP's were ok ( assuming std tyres not toyo's or similar) at worst maybe 1 or 2 psi too heavy - maybe.... The geo is totally fine for normal road use too. I get no instability under braking ( on track or road) btw.

Geo set up was the best 40 odd quid I spent on mine! :)

Reaction score
So what's required for adjusting the camber? Some Eibach bolts? I don't want to introduce any oversteer, the car handles great for me as it is

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
I do a fair bit of track with mine - BIG difference with -2 degs camber ( with eibach bolts) and the correct toe out (tiny just 10") set up as per advice from an earlier thread on here somewhere.
Your TP's were ok ( assuming std tyres not toyo's or similar) at worst maybe 1 or 2 psi too heavy - maybe.... The geo is totally fine for normal road use too. I get no instability under braking ( on track or road) btw.

Geo set up was the best 40 odd quid I spent on mine! :)

A bit of toe out on the front will improve braking stability if needed. About 1.5mm, and it will help turn in.

I'm looking at going over in august, 13-15th.

Reaction score
Rick C196 said:
So what's required for adjusting the camber? Some Eibach bolts? I don't want to introduce any oversteer, the car handles great for me as it is

:). Just the bolts, no oversteer at all ( if you don't lift off!)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo64 said:
Rick C196 said:

:). Just the bolts, no oversteer at all ( if you don't lift off!)

And it will handle even better with the geometry and camber changes, really. :D

Reaction score
Come on then... where do I get these bolts from and how do I read up on what adjustments need to be made?