Reaction score
Autotrader - Bit of waste of money in my opinion. Only ever got calls from people wanting to sell me more advertising!!

Pistonheads is the place to go for sure. You can put it in at a higher price, then in a couple of weeks if it's not gone, delete your original Ad and stick another one in with your new revised price!!!

Should sell easily!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the car is only just over 2 years old and you've knocked over 50% of it's value off at the price.

Seriously, a 182 would be fetching that money, stick another £1500, you'll still shift it in no time.

I presume you've based that price on what reno have offered you..... remember the stealers are muppets and probably will re-advertise it as having after market seats and make no mention of the suspension...... lost count of the amount of times i've seen that.

Reaction score
marrow said:
All things considerd, I think it's a fair price.

Hmmm, a non-owner. could well be on here looking to buy? :lol: Sorry if I have got a firm grasp of the wrong end of the stick but you can call me cynical if ya like :wink:

That said, FunkyMunky's comment is probably valid in that some people may be a little scared off as the suspension has got 48k on it now.

Even so, I'd still set the bar a little higher, whatever you price it at it will likely be the cheapest on sale in the country and will generate a lot of interest.

Re: the comment about Autotrader/Pistonheads above, I've in fact had the opposite experience, mostly winetasters and canvassers via PH, and all my sales to date bar one have been from AT rather than PH.

I tend to use PH when I am not quite ready to sell and put a 'near retail' price in the advert. You'd be surprised how lucky one can be if a buyer views and is afflicted with SCS*

*Shiny Car Syndrome ;)

Reaction score
texasjohn said:
marrow said:
All things considerd, I think it's a fair price.

Hmmm, funny how that comment comes from a non-owner...assuming you are on ClioTrophy looking to purchase in the future???

Sorry if I have got a firm grasp of the wrong end of the stick but you can call me cynical. :wink:

No different then all the Trophy owners aghast at such a price :wink:

Reaction score
My first instinct when I glanced at the price was "must be a CAT D"....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
LOL

Just a quick aside, the dampers are not going to be as expensive to refurbish as everyone thinks and they've clearly got 48k plus in them.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
LOL

Just a quick aside, the dampers are not going to be as expensive to refurbish as everyone thinks and they've clearly got 48k plus in them.

not everyone frequents this forum before / during Trophy ownership and as such might not know that the 'expensive' dampers can be refurbed fairly reasonably...

48k miles on this one but has it been 48k easy miles (i.e. motorways etc) - at the end of the day a 1 owner car with full history and above average mileage wouldnt put me off, but to someone not necessarily 'in the know' about Trophy's, it could be a scary prospect to buy

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but...

I was in the Renault garage at the weekend. They wanted over £13,000 and my Trophy for an R26 with some optional extras. My Trophy is a 55 plate with 23K on the clock.

This means Renault value it to be worth the equivalent of 6 packets of Space Raiders and 3 computers for schools vouchers.

Reaction score
Who in the real world gives there cars away @ trade in??

I would rather give my car to a family member than get arse-raped by a stealer.

Sell private then apply the screws at the stealers & make them sweat :twisted:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
FunkyMunky said:
hoolio said:
LOL

not everyone frequents this forum before / during Trophy ownership and as such might not know that the 'expensive' dampers can be refurb fairly reasonably...

48k miles on this one but has it been 48k easy miles (i.e. motorways etc) - at the end of the day a 1 owner car with full history and above average mileage wouldnt put me off, but to someone not necessarily 'in the know' about Trophy's, it could be a scary prospect to buy

Just to clarify my post, i was laughing at the antics of duffer and john and yes you are right, not everyone knows even on here which is why i was reitterating the point. :wink:

Max

Reaction score
g40steve said:

Spot on Steve. Approach the dealer with no part-ex and a good deposit (or preferably all cash) and you will be amazed at the deal you can strike.

Reaction score
g40steve said:

I've got no intentions of getting an R26, I was just bored and passing the garage so I popped in and asked for a test-drive.

I would always look to sell privately before approaching a dealers because I benefit from owning two cars (never need to be off the road and in no hurry to sell).

I just find it ridiculous that they wanted over £13K and my 2 year old car for a car I can order over the internet to the same spec for less than £17K. Needless to say I didn't hang around long after hearing the figures...

Reaction score
texasjohn said:
Of course!

I didnt say I wasn't a hypocrite! :D

:lol: Nothing better than the school of do as I say not as I do or intend to do :wink:
All kidding aside its a testament to the appeal of the Trophy (and its capabilities) they still get listed at the prices they do for a shopping trolley on its last warrantied year 8)