Reaction score
Im going to GDI in a few weeks if all goes to plan for Inlet matching + Group N ECU + ITG filter

Iv just got a Decat pipe to go along with the Milltek system i have 8) will sound superb!

im hoping for some good gains with the the mods added as the trophy looks awsome already im spending a little on freeing some power..

i just purchased a yellow hillpower intake bend for looks :wink: may go for full samco hose kit in yellow too! im liking the yellow! lol

i will keep everyone posted who is interested on the gains ect when its done..

really enjoying the trophy so far look forward to doing some track days and il e a FCS for some ideas! will be nice to see lots of you there!

Reaction score
Sounds good, be sure to keep us posted - would be interested to see how much of a difference that lot makes - have you thought about having the car put on the rolling road before and after the mods to get a good idea of the gains?

Reaction score
yeh i was thinking of doing thhat so i have two copys before and after..

im hoping for somthing good all the way through the rev range

keep you lot posted on this "Topic"

has anyone else done the same as what i have planned?

Reaction score
I've got a pretty much those mods; inlets, ITG filter, de-cat and custom re-map from Superchips and have had my car rolling roaded at 161bhp ATW on Sanspeed's rollers.

Trouble is rolling road figures don't mean that much and should be taken with a pinch of salt at the best of times, best to get before and after figures on the same day - only this way you will be able to measure any increase.

Reaction score
^Totally agree with Mat there, only time the dynamometer is worthwhile is a before and after comparison.

Nice one J07, I think you will see about 10bhp from those mods, fook all from the ITG, 5 or 6bhp from the re-map and 3-12bhp from the matching depending on how bad your casting was. Apparently MOST of the 10bhp gain in power from the 172 to 182 was actually down to better quality control in the manifold castings rather than the new 4-1-2 exhaust, hence why matched 172's see such good gains.

But it's not the numbers that matter, it will FEEL much better to drive, really free revving and responsive, you'll love it. Post up some pics of the hoses but have you considered them all in red to go with the car better?

Reaction score
7mat-wow good results 161 ATW standard isnt it 145ish?
what you have done is same only differance is the ECU/

As you both say rollers are always good! but i shall get a before and after

Steve-Im looking forward to the FEEL most af all as thats the best test IMO too,i was thinking Red on the hoses but wanted a little different so went yellow! already got a inlet bend in yellow so all going to be the same now! il post pic up

I will let you all know how my reaults go and post some pics and graphs

thanks for your imput guys 7MAT-are you pleased with the car? would you say im going the right way for a much more grunt!

Reaction score
Im booked into AWT for a inlet manifold and 24k service on 25th May so will look forward to seeing the gains from that.

Should be flying after more power and just after a service too.

Then a month or two down the line will be going to Sanspeed for my custom remp!

Reaction score
oh and forgot to say, after inlet, group n and itg the car will fly. It will feel so much faster than standard. Just with a group N ECU my mates cup felt so much faster.

almost a shame to do it all at once because you don't see the gains that they each give. I like doing my mods individually so I can see what they all do.

Reaction score
Decat has just arrived!! cant wait to hear it! i had a full decated exhaust on my old cup was a beast!

i know what you mean its nice to do things little at a time, the only things il be doing "at once" is the inlets and group N the exhaust decat are all here!

looking forward to it for sure!

Trophy176- CAMS! ! i was looking at them myself as they offer a package at GDI looks good.just no that flush right now!! let us know how you get on if you do go for them :twisted:

G

Is a de-cat really worth it on an NA car? I had one on my previous car, but that was turbocharged. How easy are they to swap back over for the MoT on Clios? Thanks.

Reaction score
Unsure about that - even though mine aint de-cat they had problems with the hanging and had to remove a few bits. So you have to re apply when putting standard system back on.

De-cat is crazy lound check out 'AAS 182' on the YouTube

Reaction score
The de-cat i had fitted to my cup was great! i had a full 2.5" system all the way with de-cat and when i refitted the standard system it didnt want to rev as free and didnt feel as qucik i know that it had changed for sure!

so thats why im going back and doing it again! its not hard to change back as its 2 bolts and a clamp holding it..

oh and any car with a turbocharger is easy to tune and will take to de-cat ect thats what i loved about my impreza sti! :wink: the 182's are good also..

Reaction score
I'm going for inlets and cams soon. I already have a re-map to go with my induction kit and exhaust. Would anyone know if I would need another re-map for the inlets and cams? Thanks

Reaction score
Not sure is your Re-map just on your standard ecu? if so is it just the superchips reflash? if so not sure if its the same as the group N?

Is the group N somthing that can be changed (re programed?) because you can up the rev's from 6995rpm to 7600rpm with this would GDI set the ecu to what spec im running?

on the same site they offer and superchips for £175 and Group N ECU £295

Reaction score
asim - you will need another remap after changing the inlet manidold and cams, whatever remap youve had done will be setup for the inlet and cams that your car is currently running.

If you fit a higher lift cam you will need the fuel mapping to suit. Will also make the most out of your increased air flow from the manifold

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have the KTec Group N re-map. I thought I may need another. So is 'Custom' the way to go?

Reaction score
asim said:
I'm going for inlets and cams soon. I already have a re-map to go with my induction kit and exhaust. Would anyone know if I would need another re-map for the inlets and cams? Thanks

if you fit inlets and cams, you will still see gains with the map you are running at the moment, but the car wont be running smooth at all. For the best gains you will need a custom map which would need to be mapped after the inlets and cams are fitted. Most probably need the Omex 600 engine management.