Reaction score
Just brought a trophy and one of my front sachs has gone :( plus I have snapped a spring.

Been advised by bg that its best to get both done at the same drive in and out cost around £700(without springs)

I've read some people are switching them out for h&r's/spax rsx kits and I'm swaying towards doing this as I'm hearing good reviews about them. Ktec are telling me to go for the spax kit, they tell me they are just as good.

Cheapest price I can find is £669 delivered and I could sell my current sachs for at least couple hundred towards them.

So I guess I'm asking what should I do? I like the fact I can get brand new setup for the same money as the refurb

Also are the h&r's better than spax? They seem to be a lot more expensive though....

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
cornering force do refurbs for £420 including powder coating, around £300 without powder coating, can't recommend simon enough! New springs are £90 each from Renault so you're looking g at £500 - £600 for everything!

Reaction score
Also from what I gather over on cliosport the spax have some reliability issues of their own! Better of sticking with the Sachs setup to be honest as it is superb!

Reaction score
cornering force do refurbs for £420 including powder coating, around £300 without powder coating, can't recommend simon enough! New springs are £90 each from Renault so you're looking g at £500 - £600 for everything!
Thanks bud il give them a call tomorrow

Reaction score
Definitely worth it, he did an awesome job on mine then cars never felt better! I had a BG rebuild the first time, they're good and very fast but it is pricey! Cornering Force prices are very reasonable, powder coating is well worth it!

Reaction score
The Sachs are half the point in the trophys, you take that away and you're left with a £1500 182. As above, Simon at cornering force is the man you need to talk to. Just got my Sachs back from him a couple weeks ago and can't praise the man enough.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Where's my can of worms picture when I need it. By the way K-tec are lying.

SoS

Reaction score
I almost went down the road of swapping everything out for coilovers, especially as the Spax kit was around the same price as the BG refurb but now there is a cheaper option the refurb route is best I think now. The car would lose it's value without the Sachs so bear this in mind when you work out the pros/cons and costs.

Reaction score
ktec will say that just to get the sale.

I also mirror everyone else in using cornering force. Can't praise them enough.

Reaction score
As mentioned they are part of the troph,. it will decreasse its value. Having personally got H&R coilovers on one 182 and sachs on the Trophy i can honestly say their is not alot of different.

Spax on the other hand have had alot of problems with their kits. i will say no more. I have had Spax coilovers on an a elise, turned out to be cheap-expensive rubbish, ruined the cars character, far to track focussed and didnt last five minutes. The H&R's ive got have done ALOT :) of miles and are still fantastic.

Get cornering force to refurb, maybe powder coat and eibach or cooksport springs=perfection!

Also Sir-_dave has had both on his trophy's, he's a good man to confirm what im saying!
good luck
Chris

Reaction score
As mentioned they are part of the troph,. it will decreasse its value. Having personally got H&R coilovers on one 182 and sachs on the Trophy i can honestly say their is not alot of different.

Spax on the other hand have had alot of problems with their kits. i will say no more. I have had Spax coilovers on an a elise, turned out to be cheap-expensive rubbish, ruined the cars character, far to track focussed and didnt last five minutes. The H&R's ive got have done ALOT :) of miles and are still fantastic.

Get cornering force to refurb, maybe powder coat and eibach or cooksport springs=perfection!

Also Sir-_dave has had both on his trophy's, he's a good man to confirm what im saying!
good luck
Chris
Thanks for everyone's comments I've booked them into cornering force and going for refurb and powder coat :)

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of my current setup, refurbed Sachs, koni rears and eibach sportlines, car has never felt better!!

Reaction score
Has anyone checked the price of a new set from the dealers recently? I got a new set last September for £490 each (Twingo R1 spec 77 111 413 and 77 111 414) from Wests of Cambridge. Also Monster Sport Europe who are the official suppliers for these dampers were charging £634 each. I fitted mine last September and they're still going strong and I expect them to last a few more years. Might be worth while just to check their prices in case they've dropped again like they did last year.