Reaction score
hyb said:
lol :) I went back to N/A, its a step closer :)

At least now you can give us an objective comparison between the Mini Cooper S Works and the Trophy... :)

If you had to buy one again - which would it be?

O.

hyb

Reaction score
Ooo toughy :)

As alike as they are in size etc, there completly different cars.

The trophy is much more driver focused, quick throttle response, great feedback, you really appreciate the setup of the trophy only after you've changed cars. You know exactly whats happenin when you drive the trophy, and when its going to give up grip etc.

The mini is a bit more 'fat'. All the toys, bit more luxury with the full leather etc etc. Certainly not slow though, the torque was great and I'm pretty sure it'd get the jump on the s2000 and trophy in a straight line. It did feel a lot heavier though and on a track I reckon they'd be similiar times between the trophy, although you'd have to put a lot more effort into the mini to achieve that.

The MINI is a more everyday car, more mass market appeal. The Trophy you'd buy if you want that extra special drivers car.

I'm off to play with my roof switch ;)

Reaction score
Nice one :) So the Trophy is the better driver's car ... 8)

When you sell the S2000 you will have to repeat the comparison process... ;)

Any plans for the S2K? Exhaust etc.? An exhaust would be fantastic on a car that revs to 9k rpm... I can feel the shivers down my spine already! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

O.

Reaction score
I heard an S2000 with an aftermarket exhaust light up the tyres in London recently (I was behind it and no-doubt was the cause of the aggresive launch), it sounded awesome, like a proper race car. The sound alone made me want one immediately.

Nice car Hyb, get lots of roof down miles in before winter sets in. Oops too late. Thanks for the write-up on the Bini, keep us posted on the Honda. My old boss who's driven some awesome cars in his time said the gearchange in the S2000 was the sweetest of any car he's ever driven.

hyb

Reaction score
Yeah the gear change is fantastic, rev to 9000 then bang it to the next gear :) :)

I used to have a black s2k 3 years ago, I had a titanium Invida exhaust on that....never again, im sure its damaged my hearing, On full chat with the roof down though it sounded amazing :)