Reaction score
As the title says :( - probably the V6 too :cry:

As some of you know, I'm traveling between the UK and North America twice a week at the moment - I only come back to the UK to see my wife and kids. Anyway, I'm thinking about moving them over to the states with me full-time for the next 12 to 18 months.

I can rent out my house whilst I'm gone no problems, but it does mean a further cull on the car front.

What are Trophy's and V6's selling like at the mo? and does anyone have any idea's of values?

Trophy is #002 on an 05 plate, has done 9k miles, is one owner (still registered to Renault UK) and is standard and mint. V6 is an 05 plate in Black Gold and was a Renault UK car but is now registered to me. It's mint and has done under 2k miles. What do you reckon?

I might have to let them go cheapish as I'm looking to sort this lot out in the next couple of weeks. :cry:

Reaction score
Sorry to hear Lee. I'm in a similar situation as you but am refusing to move location thanks to the car!!! ;)

Not too sure of values - sorry :(

O.

Reaction score
Lee G said:
Trophy is #002 on an 05 plate, has done 9k miles, is one owner (still registered to Renault UK)

will this prove a problem if the car isnt actually registered to you yet?

Reaction score
I think the Trophy should fetch as much as 12.5K-13K because it's the first one that can be owned and is such low mileage but for a quick sale, 11.5K should do it.

As for the Vee, no idea, but must be good with 2K on the clock and a popular colour.

Have you spoken to Steve C? Or thought about exporting them Stateside? They would generate some interest there!

Reaction score
Gareth said:
Lee G said:
Trophy is #002 on an 05 plate, has done 9k miles, is one owner (still registered to Renault UK)

will this prove a problem if the car isnt actually registered to you yet?

Shouldn't do. I've got the V5, it just needs filling out with the new owners details and sending off to DVLA. I've got a purchase receipt to prove that I'm the legal owner too. Obviously, there's no finance on it or any other nasties either. (tupw)

Thanks for all the other comments guys, I think i'll probably have a chat with Steve.

With regards to export, it's probably not worth the hassle as I'm only going to be there 18 months, maybe 2 years max and then back to blighty. Its just a shame about renting the house out - as it means I would have no where to keep the cars. :(

Reaction score
I might be able to find a secure garage for the Vee Lee, obviously I would need to take it for a gentle run every now and then to course some oil through the engine. :twisted:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol, hyb you've only had the s2000 fr a couple of months calm dowm mate :)

Whatever anyone says i must say the best colour for the V is black - that looks the dogs.

Hmmm thinking of business proposition here - why don't you hire out the Trophy for w/e's at a time? sort of start your own mini hire company, i'm sure they'll be lots of takers.

Reaction score
Cue said:
sort of start your own mini hire company, i'm sure they'll be lots of takers.

One word: Insurance!

Also, why hire a Trophy when you can hire, at the very least, a 911? Sorry off topic... :p

:cry:
O.

Reaction score
B*gger.

Hope it all goes well if you go for the move dude, could amusingly price up shipping one of the beasts...

Reaction score
Take one with you to the USA... I'de take the Vee. It would make mince meat of those stupid yank cars like a "vette" or a "pontiac" or some other heap.

You would'nt have to worry about the turning circle either coz most of the roads are streight thanks to the Eisenhower rule.

Reaction score
If I were you I'd definately find out how much it would be to take the V. I think you'd also need to check for registering it on the road over there.

At the end of the day though they are only cars and family is much more important.

Reaction score
ryanaldo13 said:
Take one with you to the USA... I'de take the Vee. It would make mince meat of those stupid yank cars like a "vette" or a "pontiac" or some other heap.

You would'nt have to worry about the turning circle either coz most of the roads are streight thanks to the Eisenhower rule.

Actually, the new 7 litre Vette posted a better time around the Nurburgring than a 996 GT3 so not just about straight line speed anymore. £60K and 200 mph too. Awesome machine. It would make the V6 look like it was on the school run. Would be great to have one out there though, it would get loads of inquisitions.

What is the Eisenhower rule?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
thinking about it lee - sell both and buy a nobel out there........ on the roads out in the states the Trophy and V would be insignificant compared to a Nobel.

If you've driven one you'll know what i mean :)

Reaction score
One of the partners had an M12 GTO and said it was fantastic, quicker than any of his Porsches (and he's had a few, 993 RS, 996 turbo etc.) but the dump valves constantly going off even in town driving started to drive him mad and the thing was suicide in the wet. SO he sold it and bought a 1.8 TT.

:?:

Talk about a downgrade.