Reaction score
They are, but I don't think a Megane Trophy is as big a difference as a Clio Trophy is to a clio cup - if you get what I mean. It was more a megane cup - think it was the first megane with cup chassis iirc

Reaction score
Are they on sale ?
They look actual sick!! If I every saw a 09 Megane Trophy on the roads..... Mate, I'd be psyched

Reaction score
Trophy264 said:
Are they on sale ?
They look actual sick!! If I every saw a 09 Megane Trophy on the roads..... Mate, I'd be psyched

Think you're getting mixed up with the R26.r! The trophy was only made in '05, the R26.r is the amazing 2 seated track focused car which is like an extreme megane trophy I suppose

Reaction score
Only 150 Megane Trophys came to the uk. More exclusive than the clios 500 lol only joking.

Reaction score
Yeah the megane trophy racer is awesome. A while back someone was asking on the renaultsport forum how much and I think £120k was mentioned for a track only car :shock:

Reaction score
Thats like paying 100k for an R8 V10 its still an audi.

Reaction score
Back to the megane trophy, They are pretty cheap for what they are basically the megane cup. You get a lot of toys aswell. The megane 225 (not the original :D ) seems to be the best of both worlds. A quality chassis and a turbo with decent torque (at least you won't get totally arse raped on a motorway) only thing that concerns me is the fuel economy but thats its nature so don't blame it for being what it is.

Reaction score
The Megane just served to introduce the Cup chassis to the Megane lineup, the same way the R27 did for the Clio 197.
The Cup chassis suspension was further revised when the Megane F1 Team limited edition came out and then the R26 tweaked it further and added the slippy dif, not to mention the option to have Recaros. Wouldn't buy a Meg Trophy myself, knowing that there are better iterations of the car available.

Reaction score
mada88 said:
Back to the megane trophy, They are pretty cheap for what they are basically the megane cup. You get a lot of toys aswell. The megane 225 (not the original :D ) seems to be the best of both worlds. A quality chassis and a turbo with decent torque (at least you won't get totally arse raped on a motorway) only thing that concerns me is the fuel economy but thats its nature so don't blame it for being what it is.

Fuel economy aint that bad, my 225 averaged 31mpg. The trophy is only doing 33ish at the moment

Reaction score
My R26 averages about 26 with steady driving, i can get it up to the 30s but thats just driving using as little throttle as possible everywhere, when out just having a spirited drive i usually see 20-23mpg.

If anyones considering a Megane drive as many variants as possible as they do vary quite a bit.

Gman