Reaction score
There's a hole in the forum topics... after the Clio's there's only Other Marquees to put car stuff...what if someone wants to talk about the Scenic? :p
Anyways, West London Renault have an F1 Megane in stock so I thought I'd pop down for a test drive next week to see what Renaultsport have done for a bigger hatch?
Has anyone driven one, I thought one day when I have enough friends to use the back seats I might want a bigger car :wink:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've driven a Megane Trophy round Brands hatch for about 10 laps and i was very impressed. In fact, having spent the morning wrestling with my dangerously twitchy 172 (dodgy rear shocks) I got out and would have signed there and then to buy one.

The ride and build quality is far superior to that of the Clio, it felt very solid. Having heared about the boat like handling of the original 225, i was amazed how well the Trophy with its cup handling options drove. It handled amazingly well, and it really flys along in a straight line. As much as i like the revvy 182 engine, jumping into the Megane with its turbo and extra torque was a pleasant change. The brembo brakes are excellent too. I'm fairly sure i was lapping just as quick as i had been in the clio.

Overall i'd say it wouldnt provide the same raw, stupidly nimble driving experience of the Trophy, but was a much more comfortable and solid driving experience yet still lots of fun.

If I had any need for a larger car I'd buy one.

Reaction score
They have one in at platinum Trowbridge now, swapped it for their last trophy which went to another dealer, Looks pretty smart in the flesh i think.

Reaction score
Got one in at Holdcroft in Crewe.Had a look at it on Saturday - if I'd got kids to scare I'd be tempted. First job would be to lose the stickers - apart from them looks great.

Reaction score
Nik said:
I've driven a Megane Trophy round Brands hatch for about 10 laps and i was very impressed. In fact, having spent the morning wrestling with my dangerously twitchy 172 (dodgy rear shocks) I got out and would have signed there and then to buy one.

The ride and build quality is far superior to that of the Clio, it felt very solid. Having heared about the boat like handling of the original 225, i was amazed how well the Trophy with its cup handling options drove. It handled amazingly well, and it really flys along in a straight line. As much as i like the revvy 182 engine, jumping into the Megane with its turbo and extra torque was a pleasant change. The brembo brakes are excellent too. I'm fairly sure i was lapping just as quick as i had been in the clio.

Overall i'd say it wouldnt provide the same raw, stupidly nimble driving experience of the Trophy, but was a much more comfortable and solid driving experience yet still lots of fun.

If I had any need for a larger car I'd buy one.

That sounds about what I expected. If I really needed the bigger motor it seems like a good option, but as you say the fun factor is so stinking high in the Clio that you'd likely have to weigh practicality pretty close to :D factor when deciding. Oh well after taking it for a spin maybe I'll have my answer? :?

Reaction score
Finally got around to taking that Meggy 225 for a spin and I have to say I was well impressed (admitedly it doesn't take much :lol: ). If I really NEEDED something bigger I'd seriously consider moving to one, but the incredible chuckability of the Trophy (especially for someone like myself who doesn't know how to drive properly) is too good to leave behind :D

Reaction score
Must admit I am very tempted to chop the missus 172 for one of these.. Coming down in price too so well within the budget!