Reaction score
I want to know where they found their Trophy for under £9500 too!

Reaction score
My worry is, if they're featuring it, how long is it before we get a bunch of chav's buying them and kitting them out with neons and illuminated washer jets?!?!?! :shock: Perhaps we should start up a Trophy charity.. Save the Trophy.. We keep our eyes peeled for any that are for sale, snap them up, make sure that they're in good condition and then interview prospective owners and sell them on.. Job done! :D

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan! Anyone wearing burberry, trackies and polished white trainers not welcome! lol!

Reaction score
Steve said:
I'm glad my car didn't get the Max Power vote, less likely to get nicked by one of it's readers.
Those were exactly my thoughts to.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not nearly as good as it should be hyb, i drove one a fortnight back and was not impressed. The salesman didn't know what I drove and he kept saying its soooo quick, it'll eat anything else on the road for similar money etc etc yada yada.....

I just kept thinking to myself 'you aint got a clue mate' If I had £20k going to waste it wouldn't be going near that.

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Perhaps we should start up a Trophy charity.. Save the Trophy.. We keep our eyes peeled for any that are for sale, snap them up, make sure that they're in good condition and then interview prospective owners and sell them on.. Job done! :D
Thats brilliant :lol: Very strict interviewing though and maybe an aptitude test also !

Reaction score
Aptitude test starts with Spell your name

That ought to weed out the majority.. Following that, in no less than 1000 words, tell us what makes you the right owner for this car...

:lol:

Reaction score
Think you also need to ask possible names for a first child... therefore if names like chardonnay or beckham pop up, then its instant refusal! :lol:

Reaction score
ROFL! yes too true. I can see a plan coming together here *does mr Burns impression, rubbing hands together and sniggering* :mrgreen:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
we just need to tell steve @ all vehicles to be more vigorous with his qualification of people when letting them by the cars..... lol

Reaction score
Cue said:
we just need to tell steve @ all vehicles to be more vigorous with his qualification of people when letting them by the cars..... lol

This was exactly my idea for this brilliant proposal, realistically we can't afford to buy all the Trophy's that come up for sale but Steve gets a lot of them so he can judge each potential owner on their worthiness.

Trouble is, when I turned up in my White GTI, would I have been refused? I did restore it and keep it completely original, not like some of the frankensteined ones I see, brings a tear to my eye everytime I see one with a Guttman grille and Morey headlamps. :cry: And TBH Steve would probably overlook their Burberry Reebok Classics when they're waving the cash in front of him.

Max Power have hurt our residuals with that article I think, grossly understating it's value at £8,500, I doubt one has gone for that little, mine certainly won't go for less than £10K, even in a year, it's worth more to me than that.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
unless someone offers me more than i paid for it I won't be letting mine go.

I bought it with the intention of either making money on it or loosing £13k. No middle ground.

Reaction score
Do you think there is scope here for a "save the trophy from chavs" charity? Go out rattling tins to raise the money to buy all the trophys! lol!