Reaction score
Have you actually looked under the arches?? You're going to find it tough changing the springs with the suspension still on; unless you're Paul Daniels :)

Reaction score
Sorry must of wrote that wrong i want to keep the same damper but change the springs so it sits a little bit lower but i dont want to change the feel of the car to much

Reaction score
There are loads of posts relating to this subject. Mark Fish seems to have a very good reputation and sells a bespoke lowering kit that is designed to enhance the drive of the car and helps the look as well.

A few owners on here have gone down that route and im sure one of them will post soon.

Reaction score
In all fairness you cant go lower without compromising in something, If you want a lower spring set up then go for the mark fish spings either that or eibach sportlines.

Other than that a harder yet better handling you would be looking at coilovers.

If its to be used on road use mostly i would just stick with what you have as standard but if your using for track use if it was me i would do mark fish springs with koni rears and an adjustable rear anti-roll bar fitted along with more camber on front using eibach camber bolts. You can add camber to rears too using shims but i think from memory the camber on rear is quite high as standard.

Reaction score
I have a whiteline ARB at the moment, & will be fitting Sportlines & eibach camber bolts for -2 degrees of front camber in the next week or so. Wont be able to give a proper overview until Donington in March though unfortunately :(

Reaction score
Que Mark Fish'd Trophy owner.

its stiff man, but i love it. how much are you actually looking to shave off the ride height ?

Reaction score
I'd say Eibach Sportlines are what you want. The standard Trophy springs are manufactured by Eibach, so I would imagine the Sportlines would work with the standard dampers without compromising ride quality etc. Either that, or the Mark Fish springs. Both will get you between 15mm - 30mm drop.

I'm sure some of the more informed members will correct me if I'm wrong!

Reaction score
Trophy264 said:
Que Mark Fish'd Trophy owner.

its stiff man, but i love it. how much are you actually looking to shave off the ride height ?

To be honest im not to sure i need to see sone pictures of some lowered ts
I dont want to be tucking the tyre thats to low.
Can you put a pic of your t up?

Reaction score
Sir_Dave said:
I have a whiteline ARB at the moment, & will be fitting Sportlines & eibach camber bolts for -2 degrees of front camber in the next week or so. Wont be able to give a proper overview until Donington in March though unfortunately :(

Little suprised you're using Sportlines and not MF springs for trackwork?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Quick question, jumping into the thread a little...

Would normal 17/82 sportlines go on the Sachs, or is it a different kit to fit them? As I've got a set from my old ph1 172 in my garage that I wouldn't mind putting on if they fit.

Reaction score
The top mounts and the cup that they sit in on the sachs are the same as the 182,cup and the 172 phase 2 im not sure on the mk1 however you will have to check the codes on eibach website as i no longer have there booklet to hand to check codes but im pretty sure they should be the same there isn't much difference between the phase 1 and phase 2.

Reaction score
marrow said:
Little suprised you're using Sportlines and not MF springs for trackwork?

Cost of Sportlines 2nd hand = £50
Cost of MF Springs = £220

No brainer really. If they're cr4p ill get some custom ones made up.

Iirc the Sportlines are roughly the same poundage as the standard ones, which im fairly happy with anyway.

Reaction score
I have sportlines on and i can honestly say i cannot notice a drop! not too sure if something is wrong there lol

Reaction score
i will do after thursday mate, I've got so many assignments in atm i just don't have time. Hang in there Bro, is there anything in particular you wanna see?
you tried the search bar?

Reaction score
Trophy264 said:
i will do after thursday mate, I've got so many assignments in atm i just don't have time. Hang in there Bro, is there anything in particular you wanna see?
Trophy264 said:

I just want ideas on how low to go with the trophy so if you could put a pic up and tell me how much you had lowered in by cheers matr

Reaction score
The trouble with lowering too much is that you will change the relative amounts of bump and rebound travel, and that is has been properly engineered and is fundmaental to the handling of theT.

So many times I have seen handling problems cured by raising cars that have been lowered too much and were virtually running on the bump stops.