Reaction score
replaced all four of my tyres 11 months ago and the front need replacing already! Just been driving the trophy normally due to cost of petrol but in any 1s experience of the none standard tyre is there a 1 that lasts longer?

Reaction score
My fronts usually last 8k to 9k which is about 10 months worth of driving. The rears on the other hand have lasted 45k - I have checked the date on the tyre and they are October 2005 tyres!

11 months of driving is about right. It's a bugger the PE2s are so expensive. They're the best tyres for the 182 though.

Reaction score
I have to say I bought mine with very little left on the fronts and after about 1k of my driving they were on the wear indicators... Really wore quick, were alot of enthusiastic miles chucked in there but really zipped down so hear what you are saying.

However, I think sticking with the PE2 is the best option as they are a brilliant all round tyre, it's the only really expensive bit you have to put up with, with owning the Clio so I can take that on the chin.

Reaction score
I think the wear rate on pe2s is very good. Especially when you take into account the grip and confidence they give you. They certainly wear better the contis fitted to 172 cups

Reaction score
It's not so much a time thing, more of a mileage thing. How much have you done in those 11 months?
I get 12K from the fronts and 24 from the rears. Interestingly, I got the same on the contis, when I had a 172cup, I hated those tyres though. When my front tyres wear out, I put the backs to the front to wear them out next. It is widely accepted that you should have the tyres with the most tread at the back to keep the back end in line. I do drive fast, but as I drive 7-8K per annum, they last about 18 months. I start to notice the low tread below 3mm, then it gets progressively worse. I always replace around 2mm, as they are dangerous in the wet like this. I shall be trying a track oriented tyre next.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys... I have done about 12000 miles in them.

Looks like I will be sticking with the PE2's.