Reaction score
So tickling along this morning on the way to work, dashboard lights up all over the place! ABS warning light, Traction control light (the one that flashes normally) and the Service light all came on, in yellow however not red; but with no "stop" light illuminated.

After a visit from Renault Assistance and a stop at the dealer, it transpires I need a new steering sensor for the ABS; booked in for 08:00 tomorrow so hope to be back to full health shortly..

To date I have now had the following problems:
CD player (replaced)
Temperature sensor (replaced)
Centre box replaced (replaced)
ABS steering sensor (to be replaced)

Normally that sort of history would grate, but 104 is such fun I just can't get miffed. £12k can't be this much fun and have no problems..

It helps of course all this has been under warranty and been sorted quite efficiently by Renault (with some help!). The wonderful world of Renault ownership.

Reaction score
At least they will admit that you have faulty parts. I've been trying unsuccessfully to have my temp sensor changed. My local dealer doesn't want to know.

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
At least they will admit that you have faulty parts. I've been trying unsuccessfully to have my temp sensor changed. My local dealer doesn't want to know.

They have been consistantly helpful (though still requiring some 'pointers') to give them their due (both Slough & Watford)

I took in a mobile phone video clip of my temp sensor going weird (mine was also intermittant) it seemed to help with the (annoying but necessary) step of convincing them there is a problem, which they need to sort out!

My only other advise (having watched and listened to the service dept while waiting) is be very nice (NOT that I know you to be anything other than this of course). Lots of people very quickly get quite "robust" when it comes to their car; that is to say they were just rude to the service bods; it doesn't seem the optimal motivational tool to my eye.. They seem to reflect any politeness and helpfulness they received!

Hope you get it sorted out though bud.

Reaction score
Also had a look around a 225 F1 in the dealership. Looked quite purposeful, nice (black) wheels; shame about the stickers though. "Renault F1" looks cool on an F1 car, not a Megane! IMHO

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
I've got a lawyer involved now. So should get it fixed.

Bringing in the heavy artillary. Is that going to cost you much?

Reaction score
na, my mothers partner is a lawyer so its always handy. haha. People/companies seem to respond 100x quicker when replying to a letter form a lawyer. ha.

Reaction score
Neophyte said:
Also had a look around a 225 F1 in the dealership. Looked quite purposeful, nice (black) wheels; shame about the stickers though. "Renault F1" looks cool on an F1 car, not a Megane! IMHO

Was this in Renault Watford? I was in there on Friday looking at a 182 before buying my Trophy on Saturday somewhere else.