Reaction score
Apart from thinking they're really cool (ya sound like a teenager there :oops: ) and would be great fun to drive, I don't know much about owning a rare 'foreign' car. I'm thinking it could be as much trouble as its worth. Has anyone owned a more 'finicky' car and loved or hated the experience?

Happened upon this Delta HF Integrale on eBay and it got me thinking. My Si is only 2 months old and I'm not sure I can run two cars at the same time, but...
Sure its not the super cool white EVO1 or EVO2 with the extra 10-15bhp, but for some backwater burg in the Prairies its pretty good!
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=015

Reaction score
Buy it Duffer, it'll ruin you but you'll enjoy it.

I used to e-mail a guy that was really into 205's. He was absolutely loaded and in his mid-forties, owned all kinds of exotica and said that the best cars he'd ever owned were a 205 GTI, an F355 and his favourite - an Delta Integrale. He said it was motoring perfection.

Reaction score
Wow them pics bring back a few memories of my old beast :D Looks a nice clean std example.

Steve said:
Buy it Duffer, it'll ruin you but you'll enjoy it.

I owned a 16v Integrale for 3 years (between 1998 & 2001) and it did cost me a bloody fortune . Loved it to death but you just never knew what was going to go wrong next . I admit mine was a bit of a duffer engine wise but when it was running right it was awesome . Given the right situation i would jump at the chance of owning another but it would have to be a very good example 16v or evo 1. Would love an Evo II or the dealers collecton edition.

James.

Reaction score
I knew this was the place to come for the devil on my shoulder affirmation :wink:
Pacey you confirm what I was seeing on some euro sport car forums. I'm probably not in that 'right situation' at the moment, but if I can't get a Clio Trophy over here till 2020 that Integrale would be a great option :D

Reaction score
Duffer - could you import a LHD Swiss Trophy?

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Duffer - could you import a LHD Swiss Trophy?

O.
Don't think I didn't think aboot it! Unfortunately under current regulations it needs to be 15 years old at which point you can bring pretty much any 'road worthy' vehicle in. Which is what that guy did with the Lancia two years ago and which a bunch of people do here on the west coast with 91-92 vintage Nissan Skylines.

Reaction score
Are they exempt from the horrendous 'smog fitting', my friend has a lovely E30 325is in San Diego and he ripped all the vacuum tubes off because they killed about 70bhp (in a 170bhp car).

Get a 205 1.9 GTI, K reg, 1992 with PAS, ABS and pref. Miami Blue, mint one for £4K, it would be really rare over there and as much fun as a Trophy (promise).

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
they should have a line in the owners manual for these things.... make very good friends with a mechanic, you'll need their help.

Lovely lovely car, and for that money you'll be buying an asset but...... like Clarkson said about Alfa ownership..... the bad days just the good days even better...

Reaction score
Duffer, would you not fancy an E30 M3? Sweet chassis and engine, possibly a few more of them over on your shores...

G

Luke beat me to it! :lol:

I was going to say: "Nice cars, but get an E30 M3 - they're nicer."

Reaction score
Ah the good old days, E30 M3 Evo 2, one of only 500, 220bhp RWD - shoulda kept it.... :roll:

Reaction score
I nearly had a Verde York Evo 1 as my first car until I realised the day before I picked it up that I had no insurance - of course, at 20 no one would go near me in such a car so I ended up in a 350 bhp Dog Wagon Impreza! (never understand how I got insurance for that but not on the lesser Grale') I will never forget the test drive down at Walkers - much more than an eye opener, the Grale' just grabbed me and shock me until I looked over at Steve and said "can I take this one home now and come back for the Green one next week?".

They are awesome cars and a solid gold classic - it's an itch I mean on scracthing as soon as I have garage space tbh.

Good luck with it mate! 8)

HF_Integrale_Verde_York_PO.jpg