Reaction score
I've just (today) seen a metallic blue 197 in the car park of the garden centre where I work.

(Typical car here is a boxy pacific rim thing worth about £5k new....)

First impression is it looked ok, but it didn't blow me away. If I didn't have an interest in sporty Clios, I probably wouldn't even have looked twice. I think the problem is that the basic car doesn't look that interesting and the 197 isn't sufficiently different.

Twin exhausts poking through rear grille looked quite good though.

All only my opinion based on a scientific 5 second glance.....

Reaction score
I thought the ones at Goodwood looked really good, much better than the photos and the interior was a lot roomier with a really nice steering wheel and gear stick. But, the car is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! It looks about the size of a Focus S-Max.

Every time I walked around the car I thought um, not bad, not bad and then something would catch my eye, the Phase 2 V6 outside! Absolutley stunning, as was the mint Williams 1.

Still all this is academic, I didn't buy the Trophy on the looks, it's how it feels to drive that counts, and I'm going to hold complete judgement until I've driven it. I have a feeling I won't be disapointed with my Trophy afterwards. Driving home from Goodwood on those excellent back roads, I remember thinking "How could they improve on this?" it's got more grip and feedback than the average driver knows what to do with.

hyb

Reaction score
Suzuki hyabusa ? :D

Garden Centre...hmm....I can think of 3, i'll have to go trophy hunting

Reaction score
hyb said:
Suzuki hyabusa ? :D

Garden Centre...hmm....I can think of 3, i'll have to go trophy hunting

stick to farrari hunting you....leave the trophy alone!!!! :wink:

Reaction score
I saw one at my local renault dealer (ware garages) last weekend - what a car.

Had my heart set on a trophy later this year, but i think i may have now changed my mind - the 197 looks superb, going to try and have a test drive later this month.