Reaction score
Had this in the back of my mind for a while...
Am off to Rentech in a few days, Mike reckons half an hour to install.
Anyone got experience of this type of mod? I seem to recall someone doing this, saw mod in garage section I think, but can't for the life of me find it again :oops:
Any input much appreciated :)

Reaction score
Neophyte said:
Had this in the back of my mind for a while...
Am off to Rentech in a few days, Mike reckons half an hour to install.
Anyone got experience of this type of mod? I seem to recall someone doing this, saw mod in garage section I think, but can't for the life of me find it again :oops:
Any input much appreciated :)

See my guide to removing accoustic valve, remove old horn, place and mount new horn. Wire in new horn (whether the new horn will accept the original renault wiring loom I dont know, you may have to re-wire it)

Should take approx half an hour
Easy job
:D

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Interesting, of all the things on the car, the horn would be the last thing i'd imagine people upgrading :lol:

I guess it shows the rest of the car is so damn good, that we have to find something to mod though!

Reaction score
TrophyDan said:
See my guide to removing accoustic valve, remove old horn, place and mount new horn. Wire in new horn (whether the new horn will accept the original renault wiring loom I dont know, you may have to re-wire it)

Should take approx half an hour
Easy job
:D

I missed that :oops: will check it out

Nik said:
Interesting, of all the things on the car, the horn would be the last thing i'd imagine people upgrading :lol:

I guess it shows the rest of the car is so damn good, that we have to find something to mod though!

Spot on, the horn is a bit weak; in marked contrast to the rest...

7MAT said:
I fitted a set of these;
PIAASPORTSHORN.jpg

Got them from PRI RACING
http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/garage.ph ... 44&MID=193

SPORTSHORN1.jpg

Although I did have to re-adjust them as they really don't sound right if the outer casing is touching anything.

Superb, thanks old bean :) it was your car I had looked at but couldn't find again...

Day

Reaction score
DIXIE_HORNS2.JPG
:lol:

Reaction score
i'm puzzled why the horn isnt the same as the old dynamique i had. that had a purposeful sounding horn! :lol:

Reaction score
the horn

I don't think I've ever beeped my horn, gonna doing it first thing tomorrow now to see what it's like...

no smutty innuendos please... :-w

Reaction score
Re: the horn

tholman said:
I don't think I've ever beeped my horn, gonna doing it first thing tomorrow now to see what it's like...

no smutty innuendos please... :-w

What? Like - So, the first thing you're going to do in the morning is bash away at your horn? Oh, you said no smutty inuendos.

I don't ever use my horn, I don't hang around long enough for someone else's driving to upset me.

I did beep at a sheep that was in the road in South Wales last week, and my girlfriend glared at me and said "that's not how they do it here, they wait for it to cross" so I said "Yeh right, so they can check out it's arse..." :lol:

Reaction score
I totally agree that the Horn is pathetic! If i could be bothered i would change it. But i just try not to use it through fear of being laughed at, and people making an instant association with. . . . . . . . . .

Noddy!!!

Reaction score
Dad's packed up altogether the other week he upgraded for the dynamique one whichis different sounds better :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mat, does the exsisting wiring fit those horns? or do you have to have a piggy back wire to fit the second connector?

Reaction score
Cue said:
Mat, does the exsisting wiring fit those horns? or do you have to have a piggy back wire to fit the second connector?

No the existing wiring is no good, can't remember exactly what I did as ages ago but I did have to use some extra wire.

Reaction score
Is the Trophy horn the same as the 182's?

My horn in the Clio sounds very aggressive compared to my old CTR one.
Sounded like a poof doing a wet fart in all honesty :oops:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
SpaceMonkey said:
Is the Trophy horn the same as the 182's?

My horn in the Clio sounds very aggressive compared to my old CTR one.
Sounded like a poof doing a wet fart in all honesty :oops:

The Trophy's horn is as poor as they get. For a sports car sold in Switzerland i'm amazed it's got such a poor horn. But then when you consider they made the last minute decision to switch to the base models wiper stalk, even after fitting the electronics for intermittent, it doesn't surprise me