Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi guys

Just wondered if anyone had experienced this before. If you imagine a multi-storey car park, and the 'spirals' you have to drive up in order to go up levels; I have noticed that I experience quite a loud and profound grinding noise when driving up these. The steering wheel also tends to shake and the car just generally feels strange. I checked underneath the car and nothing was loose and grinding along the ground, so I'm hoping it may just be the rough road surface in this particular car park.

Anyone ever experienced anything similar?

Reaction score
Sound similar to what I get when the steering is on full lock on a cold morning at low speed. I get juddering through the steering wheel. I can only put it down how the suspension is setup on the Trophy with the camber and toe. On full lock, the inside wheel's steering angle is greater than the outside wheel and therefore the inside wheel kind of pulls the outside wheel causing it to "skip or slide" when grip is low, ie cold tyres or slippery surface. This does not occur when the tyres are warm or when the road surface is very warm.