Reaction score
I spoke to my local dealer (W London) and they seem to think that the part number quoted shows no stock in France, with no ETA for new stock.

Tried to fob me off with a £60 part which I presume is the cup damper

Do any of the dealers do mail order and maybe I could order some from someone who knows what I want?

Reaction score
Yes these are the OE standard Trophy dampers. Others on here have I believe have checked and the rears cannot be refurbed. Also the rears, although not cheap, are not anything like as expensive as the fronts. Even if the rears could be refurbed it might not be worthwhile from a cost perspective.

Thanks Mark. So what do you guys use then as and when the rears wear? (apart from the new ones coming out as per this thread!)

Reaction score
MarcR, Thank you for you persistence with this. Mine arrived from Renault Wolverhampton while I was away.

liam that was a phone order so get on the phone to them. You need to make sure your using the new part number. Not the old original one.. That will lead to being quoted for cup dampers.

Reaction score
Yeah just been on the phone to them now using the part number 7711433946 and they say it's out of stock with no ETA on new stock.
Guess this means I'm out of luck. Wonder if I put an order in for them anyway how long it would be.....

Reaction score
Advise needed plz guys... I ordered these a few days ago (Lincoln) I was also told they weren't available but placed the order anyway. I have just taken delivery of two nice shiny new shocks :)
However the one question/concern I have is this.. I ordered 7711 433946. And this part number IS on the bag, however on the shocker itself the part number on the sticker is 8200 519954. Can anyone confirm these are correct, poss a superseded or old part number?
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
After a quick search online it would appear that they're the right ones but I'm no expert....

Reaction score
Advise needed plz guys... I ordered these a few days ago (Lincoln) I was also told they weren't available but placed the order anyway. I have just taken delivery of two nice shiny new shocks :)
However the one question/concern I have is this.. I ordered 7711 433946. And this part number IS on the bag, however on the shocker itself the part number on the sticker is 8200 519954. Can anyone confirm these are correct, poss a superseded or old part number?
Thanks in advance :)

After a quick search online it would appear that they're the right ones but I'm no expert....

Thanks Liam, I too have just searched and I agree it appears to be the old part number I reckon. Cheers.

What do they look like? Are they the grey coloured units with Renault Sachs (now ZF) stickers on them? Or are they the black coloured units that have been delivered to other forum members, and have been pictured on this thread, that have Renault ZF stickers?

If they are either I would say they are the correct part. I'm not aware of any other dampers supplied to Renault by Sachs/ZF that fit a Clio II. Bar possibly motorsport items and I don't think you can order motorsport specific items via a Renault dealer parts department, but I could be wrong on that part.

Reaction score
When you order specify that you want them Vor'd even though there not showing stock in UK or France they will still turn up. Obviously demand for them is high now so there probably just trying to keep up with orders.

The part number is the old part number for the Sach rear dampers the part number you order is the superseded number. Don't worry there still the correct Sach rear dampers even though they have changed them to black in colour.

Reaction score
What do they look like? Are they the grey coloured units with Renault Sachs (now ZF) stickers on them? Or are they the black coloured units that have been delivered to other forum members, and have been pictured on this thread, that have Renault ZF stickers?

If they are either I would say they are the correct part. I'm not aware of any other dampers supplied to Renault by Sachs/ZF that fit a Clio II. Bar possibly motorsport items and I don't think you can order motorsport specific items via a Renault dealer parts department, but I could be wrong on that part.

Many thanks Gordon
they are indeed black with ZF sticker and on the invoice it says X85 Trophy.
I was only really concerned as I didn't expect them to arrive within a few days.
Cheers

Reaction score
When you order specify that you want them Vor'd even though there not showing stock in UK or France they will still turn up. Obviously demand for them is high now so there probably just trying to keep up with orders.

The part number is the old part number for the Sach rear dampers the part number you order is the superseded number. Don't worry there still the correct Sach rear dampers even though they have changed them to black in colour.

Thanks Power ranger
I vor'd mine n received them in 3 days
I paid £110 plus vat each.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
MarcR, Thank you for you persistence with this. Mine arrived from Renault Wolverhampton while I was away

Only decent person on this forum to say "Thank You"

Mine turned up on the 23rd June direct from France at a cost of ............ £0.00p

People who are unsure of the part number here it is direct from the horses mouth (RUK)

Part numbering: There are indeed two different part numbers for this part.
The original manufacturing part number is 8200519954 – which is marked on the shock absorber, and a new local part number 7711433946 which was recently created for Renault UK to order the specific batch directly from Sachs ZF in Germany.

Reaction score

Mine turned up on the 23rd June direct from France at a cost of ............ £0.00p

People who are unsure of the part number here it is direct from the horses mouth (RUK)

Part numbering: There are indeed two different part numbers for this part.
The original manufacturing part number is 8200519954 – which is marked on the shock absorber, and a new local part number 7711433946 which was recently created for Renault UK to order the specific batch directly from Sachs ZF in Germany.

Superstar! That's brilliant, Thx very much MarcR.

Reaction score

Err, not quite MarcR.

Marc, many thanks for all your efforts regarding new stock being manufactured. Given the press coverage for this car and continual praise it receives, I'd say it's in Renaults best interests to have the Clio Trophy kept on the road.

Do keep us posted as to when yours arrive and the cost of a pair. Thanks again.

We all appreciate your efforts and success in driving this new manufacturing run. Borne out by the fact Renault seem to have provided your set to you in gratitude. Thanks again for all the effort you put into keeping Renault honest.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry Gordon I will retract that last comment and say the very few minority of the users on this site have possibly said thanks but I have been too busy repainting the 478 pairs of shocks I bought from Renault in silver to even look at the site.

Reaction score
Sorry Gordon I will retract that last comment and say the very few minority of the users on this site have possibly said thanks but I have been too busy repainting the 478 pairs of shocks I bought from Renault in silver to even look at the site.

Haha I bet you've been busy. Did you get the correct paint code for the 'Sachs Silver'? ; )

Reaction score
Thanks Power ranger
I vor'd mine n received them in 3 days
I paid £110 plus vat each.

Dealer finally found them but they're quoting £180ish each and they don't deliver. Where did you manage to get them for £110 +vat?