MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have just got an e-mail from Renault UK to 100% confirm that these are going into production and will take around 14 weeks. I have this all written down and in an e-mail that I'm happy to post online for people too see

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Do NOT try and order these as if you do you will end up with an old standard pair as the part number might change.
I am awaiting part number and RRP from Renault as I have spoke to this today.

once I get the part number and the price I will let people know but I'm thinking there might be a price increase on these.

please PM me for any information / updates and I will reply a lot quicker.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Ok so here is the e-mail that i got today.
I would also like to state that even tho this says 14 weeks lead time i was told to give it around 16 weeks incase of any changes.

Like i have said DO NOT order any shocks for the rear of the Trophy as your shocks will end up being sent as standard "Non Cup" shocks and you will be left with them and out of pocket.

There is a possibility that the rear sachs will come with a new part number and price and i will find this out within the next 7 to 10 days as i spoke to RUK this morning so as said DO NOT go to renault pumping orders in for these as you will not get them until they have been made from sachs and then released to renault.

I hate to say it but i have been told that I'm top of the tree in getting these and that i will have the first released pair LOL
I might even tell her to send two pairs out as once again these will be rare as this year is the 10th birthday for the clio trophy so I'm guessing that once these have been made and gone that will be it.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-20%20at%2018.20.26.gif

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Let's hope they don't retail them at £600...each!

If they do i am coming to steal yours off your car LOL

I for one would cause a complete fuss if they did, There is no way i would buy them at that price as the retail price is already around £150 a shock.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
A working member of Admin can only do that stuff LOL

I have asked / spoke to Nik who owns the site before but had no response.

Reaction score
Marc, many thanks for all your efforts regarding new stock being manufactured. Given the press coverage for this car and continual praise it receives, I'd say it's in Renaults best interests to have the Clio Trophy kept on the road.

Is the position still the same regarding the front Sachs? That the part # is now the Renault motorsport item for the rally Twingo? I recall a long thread about that.

I shall certainly purchase a pair, possibly even two pairs, of the rear Sachs in 16 weeks time. Do keep us posted as to when yours arrive and the cost of a pair. Thanks again.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Got a phonetical again from Renault Uk yesterday (Tues) and they have a base part number and still in talks with renault.
They are not going to release the prices and part number at the moment to me or Renault dealers until they have confirmed a price with Sachs.

The even better news is Renault UK are getting enough of these made to have Stock in the UK along with all the orders that where placed.

Once again i have been told that i will be updated next week with any more info as they are calling me roughly once a week !

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Got an update today with RRP and new OE part number

The price is more expensive as predicted but not by a large amount.

These are the last batch made for this car and once these are done they are done but there will be a good stock level held in the UK.

I am 100% getting two pairs as these are the last of the last.

These have still NOT yet went into production so the lead time of 14 weeks is still there

Last edited: