Reaction score
As above really desperate to get the car back on the road. Need a front spring asap if anyone has one spare they wish to sell to me :D

Reaction score
I may have a spare front spring in the garage, was keeping it as a spare incase one of mine goes but thinking about going back down the sportline route, could probably be persuaded to sell if you're interested

Reaction score
noticed you're selling your sachs dampers? what are you using instead on the Trophy, if cup shocks it may be more benficial running cup springs / spotlines as im not sure how well the cup shocks match up with the Trophy springs!

Reaction score
Yes changed over to cup springs. i am keeping the car for another few years and funds are low at the moment so easiest option was to switch to cup shocks. Selling my sachs mainly because i wont be using them for another few years and will probably get a 2nd hand refurbished set to replace when i sell the car.

as for springs i only need one. just need to get the car on the road the now for work. im going to be doing alot of work on the car over the next couple months and its going to be getting cooksport spings.

so really desperate for one front spring just to get car on road.

i seen that set on ebay but it is a set of four and pref just want to have then one as then id have to go through the hassle of selling them individually :D

badgerman if you could help id really appriciate it

Reaction score
I would personally keep the front sachs rather than sell, the price for new shocks has apparently hit an astronomical £1780 per shock, finding replacements in the future could be tricky as they will most likely all of been bought up by people wanting to emulate the Trophy suspension package on a 182 cup chassis. It may be more benefical to keep them and get them refurbed as / when you can afford them, what is your reason for getting rid of your sachs?

Im confused as to what kind of spring you actually need, are the cup shocks already fitted to your car? If so is it a trophy spring you need or a cup spring??

Reaction score
my mate took the sachs off yesterday. reason i aint using the sachs as the roads in and around my area are no use for them. 182 cup shocks are more suitable for the roads here. as for replacing them when it comes to selling the car i am sure il start looking for another set in a year or so. just dont want them gathering dust and wasting away in the shed so might aswell give them to a new home..

when we put the cup shocks on we just kept the trophy springs on the car but one of them has broken so need a replacement trophy spring for the time being until i get around to getting cooksport ones.

Reaction score
Well that makes a lot more sense, I honestly do think you'll struggle to find replacements and with the cost of new being so high it will non doubt drive the price of second hand ones up a bit, I'd keep them in the garage I think you'll save yourself a lot of money and hassle that way, you could get refurbs then keep them as track day / to sell the car as the Sachs are really what makes the car what it is, I understand why just think you'll cause yourself more hassle then its worth!

I'll have a look in the garage tonight and see if I've got that spare spring somewhere but we'd probably be talking somewhere in the region of £100 posted as these are quite expensive and hard to get new currently and single items don't often come up for sale! Would it not be cheaper to track down a full set of cup springs to suit the cup dampers?

Reaction score
been talking to wests renault. single spring new can get for £86 but was wondering if anyone had second hand ones a little cheaper as wont be on car for long...

so 100 might be a lil to steep. thanks tho mate

Reaction score
been talking to wests renault. single spring new can get for £86 but was wondering if anyone had second hand ones a little cheaper as wont be on car for long...

so 100 might be a lil to steep. thanks tho mate

Really? When i rang them up about 6 months ago they were £127.70 ex vat, if theyre that cheap i might be ordering myself some spare brand new ones.