Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
My Clio has started to flash at me :( now and then when the car is stationary and running (such as waiting at some lights) the emissions light starts to flash but the car runs perfectly. I thought it was to do with the de-cat i had but i removed that a few months back and its still doing it.

I ran a code checker through the car and it popped up with an N/A fault. Anyone come across this issue before? Did you go to the dealers? If so what did they say/do? My warranty runs out soon so i think i may get it checked out but i don't like the thought if it going to the dealers... don't really trust them with my car as i've seen the way some of them drive other Renault Sport cars that they get in [-X

Any ideas...

Reaction score
Mine did appear a couple of times and then I didn't see it again for ages. One night, as I drove away from my girlfriend's place, the car seemed really lumpy - worse so than the usual warm up routine. As I continued along the road, the emissions light began flashing and the car sounded as if it was misfiring.. I stopped at the side of the road, turned the engine off whilst I got the manual out. When I restarted it, it seemed to be fine. A trip to the stealers revealed absolutely nothing sadly.. All they told me was that the car had logged a fault but they could not reproduce it - useless.. I asked Rentech to check it when they serviced the car but of course Renault had cleared the fault so nothing was evident and they said that the car appeared to be running fine... I haven't had any trouble since and that was probably almost 1 yr ago now..

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
n/a fault means nothing i think, if it was decat or exit port/zorst related i'd expect to see O2 fault. Meaning your oxygen sensor wasn't working - a common problem with 182's. It's easily damaged and the fact you've changed cats a couple of times would lead me to investigate that first.

If you've cleared the fault, just keep an eye on it - if it comes back take it down to the steelers but get the car checked for damage pre walking off.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. Out of interest how much are the O2 sensors in case it were to fail (sods law said it would) out of warranty.

Reaction score
When mine was replaced the dealer mentioned that the warranty saved me a couple of hundered pounds ....... Ouch !!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Cue said:
no idea - most are done in warranty.. sorry that doesn't help

Not to worry, thanks any way

trophyfan said:
When mine was replaced the dealer mentioned that the warranty saved me a couple of hundered pounds ....... Ouch !!

:shock:

I'll deffo keep an eye on it if its that much!