Reaction score
Hi guys, I currently have a 3.0i Z4 and Im looking to downgrade (price wise) to free up a little cash I have sitting in my car. Starting to save for a house.

I was looking at 182's for around the £5.5k mark. However this Trophy has caught my eye...

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/ca ... 7352569712

Anybody know of its history? Apparently it had 2 owners. I don't want to be buying one thats been abused and Im awfully worried about the Dampers needing replacing.

As you can see it currently on 48k miles, what services is it due next? Any big bills coming up at that mileage/age?

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Cambelt if it's not done £470

Dampers if need doing £400ish, but not all do

If you ask Dan who's selling it for the number, and check it under the owners register, you mat get more of the history before viewing

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've just seen the register and emailed him for the build number :)

Hopefully get a reply in the morning. I take it DS cars are well known and reputable on here?

Reaction score
Ok that reassuring :)

Just found out the build number..... #44

No info on the register :(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nothing much to look for apart from the obvious. The cam/aux belts really should have been done by now and the dampers do not need to be replaced but may well be in need of a reburb, there are plenty of threads on here but a quick potted check would consist of checking the damper for any signs of an oily residue, the front corners should be as solid as a rock when pushed down and if the gas has escaped the lower part of the remote reservoir moves up to touch the arm holding it to the main part of the damper. These things are not foolproof but if any one is present knock him down on the price.

Reaction score
Thanks!
What do you thing about the price?

Am I right in thinking at 48k it needs a service?

I'm not 100% sure on what to go for just yet. Never even driven a normal 182, is there enough difference to warrant to extra £1.5k?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The picture pooks like a nice one but is it the one for sale. I've seen them more expensive with those miles, it's difficult to say without seeing it.
As a buyer I would expect the Cambelt service to have been done.
And yes there is a difference.

Reaction score
I paid £7500 for mine last year with 27k on the clock but i then had to get the cam and aux belt replaced (£500 from a non-dealer) and air con regassed, £50. The brakes needed doing ideally, another £500 all round. But i preferred it this way as i knew exactly what was on the car and who had done the work. My dampers need a refurb soon, but the benefits of having the sachs over cup items far outweight the inconvenience and cost of having them refurbed every 30odd-k. The biggest charm of the trophy is that it's rare, and people who know cars will look twice when they see one, and you'll feel smug behind the wheel coz it's a superb car for the money you pay for it. Look after it and it'll keep you smiling :D

Reaction score
Don't be fooled by the adverts photo! I've just noticed that this is the photo that advertised my Trophy, which I bought off him last year! It must be a standard photo he uses!

Reaction score
I brought my second (curent one) from him was nice to deal with a a good guy!!
mine has just hit 44,000 miles!!! cam done / service a few months a go and suspention being done this week!!
so you might need to find an other £1,000 in the next few months???? so watch out for Tax,mot and tyres!! :( still be worth it :)