Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reaction score
Quality vids nik that camera is awesome. :)

what speeds you get up to on the back straight?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers Ash :D

Speeds on the back straight were about 115 indicated i think. You run out of straight before you really get going though. Dont even need to get into 5th gear.

amm

Reaction score
nick how mutch fuel did you use and what did your tyres look like have you got any photos of them vidio was grate =D> =D> =D> =D>

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The blue car at the end of the first video was a 2ltr Turbocharged Nova. It was spitting flames at some points :?

I did use quite a lot of fuel I have to say, more than on any trackday I've done so far I think. Had over 3/4 of a tank full when I got to the track, then put £20 in at lunch, and then had to fill up again on the way home (petrol light was on) so i'd say i used at least £50 worth of fuel. Definitely well over a tank full.

Tyres lasted really well, I think the pressures were spot on. No excessive wear of the sidewalls like some people have had with the PE2's, the michelin man still has his head just about :p . The fronts will need replacing soon but they've had 5500 miles and 3 trackdays out of them now, so can't complain. Will take some pics of them tomorrow.

Brakes pads and discs are now shot, but i was expecting that. Original renault pads will be going back on for a while.

Reaction score
Nice one Nik!
What pressures were you running?
I'm doing donny in nov and goodwood in dec

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was running the same pressures as on the road so 33/31. I've never found the need to raise the pressures for trackdays as is usually recommended and particularly with the PE2's, even at those pressures theres not a problem rolling over onto the sidewalls too much. The extra heat generated in them round the track raises the pressure enough to handle the extra cornering load I think.

Going to need replacing soon anyway, but not bad for 3 trackdays and an airfield sprint day. Oh and 6000 miles.

tyres1.jpg

I've seen people who've removed almost all the lettering off the side of PE2's on a trackday :?

Reaction score
Thanks Nik
I agree with you about not needing to infate. I just keep an eye on the pressure through out the day. With the CSL most people deflate the tyres before a track day!

Reaction score
It's a mystery to me, track day pressures. On my CSL I just made sure they didn't get too inflated on trackdays, ie. let a little out after each session if needed.

But with the Trophy, doing the same leaves the tyres looking pretty flat in pictures, even though pressure is kept at 34 / 31.

I asked the renaultsport panel of experts, and they suggeted 38 / 28 for trackdays, no idea how they got these numbers.

So for now I'm just running a bit higher in decent weather (36 / 33) and normal (34/31) on a wet track. So far not too bad for wear, and fine for grip.