Reaction score
I have been into detailing now for the last year, on my own car only. However after doing a few friends cars and several others through word of mouth I have decided to start doing it on my days off from work.

This is the process which i take;

Wash

Clay bar the full car

Wash again

Dry all exterior

Complete machine polishing/cutting of the paintwork to remove swirl marks and light surface scratches (I wont be able to remove 100% of the swirls)

Apply paint cleaner or pre-glaze to the paintwork with the machine

Apply wax by hand

Apply dressing to tyres

Clean exterior glass and apply rain repellent

Clean and protect exhaust with metal polish

The full process usually takes around 4-5 hours.

Here are some photos of my work,

IMG_0159.gif
IMG_0157.gif
IMG_0156.gif
IMG_0127.gif
IMG_0030.gif
IMG_0044.gif
IMG_0115.gif
IMG_0114.gif
IMG_0109.gif
IMG_0060.gif
IMG_0131.gif

The last one is my Dads van - it had a sticker on the van from the previous owner which he wanted off, I only did half the bonnet to see how much better it could look with the machine.

Hope you like,

Elliott.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good work for 4-5hrs!
Do you get any hollogramming from not breaking down polishes? (or maybe im just slow. I tend to have a lot of breaks and drink beer throughout so it takes a couple of days to do properly) :)

Reaction score
aucky said:
Do you get any hollogramming from not breaking down polishes?

No i dont ever get any hollogramming to be honest...i put dots of polish on a panel, rub it all over with my fingers and machine over it all quick to spread it and then go very slowly in a methodical pattern.

Elliott.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What polishes do you use?
I had the aformentions problem with Sonus, it was fien with menzerna though..

Reaction score
aucky said:
What polishes do you use?
I had the aformentions problem with Sonus, it was fien with menzerna though..

For cutting i use menzerna 203 or 85. As a glaze/paint cleaner i use either autoglym super resin polish or dodo juice lime prime lite (i prefere the autoglym).

Elliott.

Reaction score
Wow - this really works nicely.You have done a great job on these cars.

Wish mine could look like that!

The onyl thing that I am really proud of on my car at the mo is the interior - it looks fab. I have put new seats in and replaced the dash and got some customer renault clio car mats in there to - looks ace.

Reaction score
eddymid said:
Hi mate how much do you charge? really intrested in getting mine detailed when the weather gets better :lol: i dont live too far just 5 mins from junction 16 0n the m6.

Alright Eddy, sorry im just replying i rarely sign in here, just click on check the new posts and off i go [-X

I charge £70 for a full detail matey, but where you live is too far away im afraid it would take me at least and hour and a half to get to where you are im afraid!! Sorry :(

Elliott.

Reaction score
That is a really good price. If i lived a bit closer i would be tempted myself. If you ever find yourself kicking around in Cambridge and happen to have a free day and all the kit in your boot let me know. :wink: