Reaction score
Hi,
I am thinking of buying a trophy but I am unsure what the noise levels of the car are during cruising.
Bearing in mind that the car is lighter than the competition I would have thought that the redundant weight was removed by removing the heavy sound insulation?
Does anyone have a dB meter and do you guys know how many dBs the noise is at 60-70mph?

Reaction score
not sure on the db's but with the rear bench removed mine leaves a ringing sound in your ears for a bit when you get out.

it's going to get even worse once i fully strip the interior out, head lining, door cards, dash etc.

Chris

Reaction score
480bhp.com said:
not sure on the db's but with the rear bench removed mine leaves a ringing sound in your ears for a bit when you get out.

it's going to get even worse once i fully strip the interior out, head lining, door cards, dash etc.

Chris

Ooops, that's not what I was hoping to hear :(
Is that with a standard exhaust? What if all interior and parcel shelf are in place?
I used to have a 205 gti and as much as I loved it one of its disadvantages was that you came out knackered after a few hours of motorway journey...I know they were not build for that but I can only own one car and need something that can be used every day, cover long distances if needs be but can also do an occasional track day or trip to the ring.
Would a Trophy fit the bill? What's it like after a few hours of driving?
Cheers :)

Reaction score
I'm probably not the best person to answer, i only use mine for trackdays, so other than driving to the track and on track thats it.

It's deffinately not tiresome in anyway, and i've heard as standard they reasonablyy quiet, it is french and cheap so you can't expect too much.

Get a test drive in one and make your own mind up, there are some on here that clock up 20k+ miles a year so they can't be that bad :wink:

Chris

Reaction score
Ive been on a few long journeys in mine, its no bmw but i find it perfectly bearable. It you find it that bad, then invest in some rear seats and door cards from a normal 172/182 (half leather) i should think they would make a big difference.

Reaction score
I've done 63k in mine and covered lots of Germany, Austria, France etc, including a couple of ring trips. It's not too bad when standard. At 60 - 70 its really not a problem but if you drive at 80 - 90 then it feels like it needs another gear. I just turn the radio up. Stay away from aftermarket exhausts though.

It depends what you are used to I guess. I used to drive mine back to Dorset for weekends when I lived in Paris no problem. Get a drive in any 182 and see what you think.

Reaction score
I found it great for long journeys, comfortable seats and doesn't leave you tired a all. With the standard exhaust its not loud at cruising speeds either.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
83 decibels if on a standard exhaust at 5900 rpm to answer your question.

87 - 93 db if using the majority of aftermarket 'zorsts with the standard 200 cell sports cat

90-100 db with the most extreme 'zorsts like the yozza race exhaust with a decat.

At driving speeds i doubt they get about 60 db on standard ones.

I've never seen one fail a db test at a circuit and some of the circuits are very tight on db noise - 100 db limit at some.