Reaction score
I've read recent reports on them on Cliosport I have Mark Fish springs on mine and can't fault them

Reaction score
No. Close thread.

Why close thread? Sensible question imho, we've tried the standard ones, then Sportlines/Prolines/MF Springs, why not the CookSport?

The owner os CookSport does race in the Clio Cup's, so id like to think he knows what hes doing.

Reaction score
I'm really tempted by these, they seem to have some really good reviews from the people who have installed them so far and lower the car a decent amount which let's be honest isn't a bad thing on a trophy as they do sit like 4x4's. Plus the price is really sensible too BUT if Trouser says no I guess I shouldn't as he seems to be the font of all knowledge.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No. Close thread.

Why close thread? Sensible question imho, we've tried the standard ones, then Sportlines/Prolines/MF Springs, why not the CookSport?

The owner os CookSport does race in the Clio Cup's, so id like to think he knows what hes doing.

Closing the thread would also require a moderator, little thin on the ground these days.

Reaction score
I dont claim to be any sort of font. Although I wouldnt take off the springs renault and eibach developed for the sachs dampers and replace them with springs that, in the description say, desiged to be as low as possible and retain ride comfort! Kind of differing ideas. If you wanted a clio and ride comfort instead of decent handling why didnt you buy a normal 182? If you reduce the suspension travel the springs should be stiffer. It seems widely reported that they are softer than sportlines.

I dont dispute he probably knows what he is doing but he also know they are springs which are to fill a gap in the market not for handling. I probably should have explained my position better in previous post so apologies. These are opinions after all and its your car so if you want to fit them then go for it.

Reaction score
If you reduce the suspension travel the springs should be stiffer. It seems widely reported that they are softer than sportlines.

Funny you should mention that, in creating the R26R, Renault made the springs softer over those fitted to the normal R26 ;)

Reaction score
Funny you should mention that too. If you think about the R26.R though, it is nearly 200kgs lighter than the car its based on and has the same amount of suspension travel. This would nessecitate softer suspension, with the 15% weight reduction versus the 10% spring rate reduction, but renault also increased the damping rates (same as they did with the trophy having the same rate springs as a normal 182 but harder damping) and increased the anti roll bar stiffness to compliment the slightly lower CofG and stickier tyres. :D