Reaction score
I am finally going to collect car number #478 tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any last minute advice?

Obviously, I will check all the bodywork and tyres. I have been told that the car is in mint condition throughout.

Thanks... V dot excited! 8) :lol:

Reaction score
Kinnyboy said:
Have you sold the TT???

Damn I was waiting to sell you mine!!

Hi Craig

Yes, I sold the TT yesterday to a member of the TT Forum for a decent price in the end... It was then a toss up between your Trophy and #478 but I went for the other because it was a later number and cheaper than your quoted price. I collect it tomorrow morning but if there are any problems with it, I will pull out and come back to you! I am told it is in mint condition though - we shall see. :wink: :D

Reaction score
Re: Collecting Trophy tomorrow - anything to look out for?

182Trophy said:
I am finally going to collect car number #478 tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any last minute advice?

Obviously, I will check all the bodywork and tyres. I have been told that the car is in mint condition throughout.

Thanks... V dot excited! 8) :lol:

Yeh, say goodbye to doing crosswords on a Sunday morning! :D

Reaction score
Steve - lol! I look forward to that!!

Cue - yes, I think I'll get Permagard done. Had it done to my TT and it was brilliant. Hassle free and looked the nuts. 8)

Reaction score
182Trophy said:
Steve - lol! I look forward to that!!

Cue - yes, I think I'll get Permagard done. Had it done to my TT and it was brilliant. Hassle free and looked the nuts. 8)

Good luck on the purchase, it's a decision you won't regret, I just had an awesome drive home from work, out-accelerated a new Golf GTI, got waved at by a babe in a blue 182 and got the ESP flickering out of a roundabout. Awesome fun!

Mine was Permagarded from new and I'd recommend it highly, I washed the car with the morning dew and a squeegy blade this morning!

Reaction score
make sure you get;

the front splitter
the foam in a can puncture stuff

And if you find any evidence of a whitney houston / celine dion cd in the car dont buy it

Reaction score
Got it! Inc front splitter, 2 keys and foam stuff.

Got some more money off because it wasn't quite A1 condition as stated by the vendor. It needs the following repaired:

2 small alloy scuffs
Both door shuts have chipped edges
4 other 1mm - 1.5mm diameter paint chips on the car
A few tiny tiny bonnet chips - hardly visible

Can't complain about the above considering the final price. Won't publish here for the sake of our residual values! PM if interested.

So, Chipsaway will be visited today and then Permagard once that's all finished and back to new.

Certainly seemed quick and agile on my run from Twickenham to Woking just now. £33 to fill up with V-Power from empty wasn't bad either! :D

Reaction score
Good news, hope to see you and your Trophy around Woking in the future - I'll be sure to wave if i do! :D

Reaction score
enjoy the car

but forget the Permagard its pants imo.

Reaction score
Obviously not got it then.

correct would not even let you buy it for me :)

most after market paint treatments are pants and last much less than advertised and dull a good finish they just cover up the swirls with filler then treat it.

goto detailing world for some views on permagard, diamond brite etc.

But its your money spend it on what you like. :wink:

Reaction score
MrD06 - I have to agree with stevegunnis here - I had Permagard do my TT a year ago and it was excellent... The car sparkled after just a light rinse and dry-off. The glass treatment was also fantastic as water just ran off it leaving it looking dry. Never need wipers on more than intermittent...

I really don't see why this product would be slated on 'Detailing World' (is this a forum for polishers?)... I can vouch for Permagard - it works! I promise. :lol: