Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought it was time to introduced myself......

I registerded in November 2011, after acquiring my first Clio V6 255 (Phase 2), my first Renault, with the intention of buying a 182 Trophy, but the purchase never happened.

Now, a couple of other acquisitions later, I believe I have found what I am looking for, and will be viewing/collecting the car on Saturday (17th). I believe #262 is well known to this forum, being a one-owner car, having covered just 34,000 miles.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to make contact with its previous owner (felix) - I sent a couple of PM's but have had no response so far. Dan493 has been kind enough to respond to some of the queries I posed on the #262 Owner's Thread (http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/41392-262/page2). As such, if anybody else has any further information to add about this particular car I would love to hear from you.

I am really hoping that the car is as described by the dealer, and that it is in the same condition as it was in felix's possession. Rest assured it will be looked after, as I do all my cars. I am a bit of a petrolhead and go for motors that are either rather quirky/bonkers (e.g. Clio V6) or those that have motorsport credentials, or are out-and-out driver's cars.

Look forward to meeting you all in the future.

Dulan

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I met Felix a couple of times and he was rightly proud of his car and a little bit of a luddite when it came to any ​modifications so I'm pretty sure you have got yourself a good well cared for, maintained original example. I don't think you need to worry at all :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As Jules said - I met him once and he looked after it well. Also a respectable owner who i doubt will have tinkered with it too much. I think the only mod i remember him doing was the wiper stalk (the standard one didn't have the variable speed option that even a dynamique had)...

Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear that #262 has been looked after as it should. Only query was whether it still had the front Sachs dampers but the dealer has assured me that it does have them.Guess I will find out on Saturday.

Reaction score
At the meet I remember him quite proudly telling me he hadn't changed the wiper stalk lol. Unless he couldn't bare the ridiculous wiper speeds any more, I guess it would still be the same.

I must add I also have the original stalk instead of the 'performance upgrade' stalk :p

Reaction score
At the meet I remember him quite proudly telling me he hadn't changed the wiper stalk lol. Unless he couldn't bare the ridiculous wiper speeds any more, I guess it would still be the same.

I must add I also have the original stalk instead of the 'performance upgrade' stalk :p
Thanks for your feedback and PM. Must admit I would prefer the "Wiper Stalk upgrade", but let's see how it goes first - the presence of the Sachs Race Dampers is a must though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
- the presence of the Sachs Race Dampers is a must though.

Just been reading some of his old posts and i did think that they're presence was a given, not so sure now. I would double and triple check that or negotiate the price. Sorry.

Reaction score
Just been reading some of his old posts and i did think that they're presence was a given, not so sure now. I would double and triple check that or negotiate the price. Sorry.
Thanks hoolio. I will indeed check this, even though I have been assured that "dampers with external reservoirs" are on the front, and that they are not leaking.

Reaction score
Thank you to everybody who provided feedback. I have now taken delivery of #262 - collected it this afternoon, and the drive back from Peterborough was enjoyable. Look forward to long-term ownership, alongside the two Clio V6 255's, and a few other motors too.......