Reaction score
Hi guys

The names Scott and the lads on Cliosport have suggested I pop on here for some wanted advice. Basically I'm the owner of a 172 cup and a Trophy has come up for sale near by. Its for sale at £3995 and has done 70k miles. Just had cambelt done by renault etc etc and I want to part ex the cup against it.

But does anyone have anymore details of it? Has it ever been registered on here with a member etc? I have no Trophy number but only a reg which is CU05 MLY. Just thought I would try my luck and get as much info as I could.

Cheers Scott

Reaction score
Hi Scott, i don't know of any info on the car, i guess its easier on here to get the model number. Just wanted to ask why the change from the 172 cup ? the one thing since owning my Trophy is i don't like the ABS where as yours doesn't have that, as for speed the T was never tested as all write ups were based on a standard 182 from what iv seen so i guess these 2 models will be pretty much identical.

If it was me and you prob wont get offered a good price in part ex for yours then i would keep the 172 cup and if your looking for better handling then look into coilover's. However if its the fact you like all the extras the T has such as the seat and they are comfy then you need to look into why the Trophy your looking at is so cheap is it a cat write off? HPI check? if all turns out ok its a steal for that price.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes you really need the number not the reg to find much info on here unless someone recognises it. I pretty much agree with all that Liam said and that it a little too cheap for a straight one remember the cam service will be about six hundred of that if done properly.

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been 'lurking' for a while looking for a Trophy to buy.
I see that there are several cars listed on the forum. I am based in West Sussex and looking for a really good, sound car without any significant modifications which will be my weekend plaything (let the train take the strain during the week).
Are the following still available #19, #25, #187, #322, #333?
Anyone know these cars independently?
Thank for any help.
Capsicum.

Reaction score
Capsicum Red said:
Hello,
I see that there are several cars listed on the forum. I am based in West Sussex and looking for a really good, sound car without any significant modifications which will be my weekend plaything (let the train take the strain during the week).
Thank for any help.
Capsicum.

#322 is still available - I will PM you :)

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Capsicum Red said:
Hello,
Thank for any help.
Capsicum.

#19 is still available. I've got a possible viewing on Sunday. It's been locked in my garage for a few months to avoid the salt and cold weather.

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post on here and as an ex WIlliams 1 and 172 Cup owner I am looking to get into a Trophy.

Saw the one mentioned at the top of this thread is still for sale (quite a few months now!) and wondered if anyone had ventured over to have a look at it (I am 260 miles away but might head off tomorrow morning to have a look).

I called the guy selling it and it is #125 has had the belts done and is MOT'd until August with 70k miles.

Any opinions?

Too cheap?

Cheers

Dean

Reaction score
Yeah, 125 was owned by by Stphn1985 in south wales (which fits) who posted a few times around Feb 2008 and according to Hpi he was the second and last owner. It's Hpi clear too (apart from a private plate in 2007)! Going to head down first thing tomorrow I think. Unless someone comes up with a reason why not!