Reaction score
The engine is from my 05 reg 182 and has covered 22k miles, all of which I have put on it. The car has had a full service history at Platinum Renault in Bath.

The engine was in running order, however i had Platinum dismantle it as irregular noises were coming from it. Since then i have been told they are unsure what is wrong, possibly the big end bearing has gone. Due to spiralling labour costs I have recently had a new engine put in and thus am selling this one.

Currently the block & head are assembled, with most of the internals still in place. Internals that have been removed have been carefully sealed in a box and are all there.

I am just looking to get something for this engine, it needs repair but all the parts are there and it will still run in its current state (if assembled). Bear in mind a new engine retails at £3200.

Make me an offer, mail: m.t.l.hellebrand@gmail.com

cheers

Mike

Reaction score
doubt you'll have any joy on here i'm afraid, better off on Cliosport. Can't imagine that any Trophy owners need a 182 engine that doesn't run properly! No offence!

Reaction score
Your new engine was put in under warranty right? If so, why didn't Renault hold on to your old (broken) enginge?

O.

Reaction score
oliie,

Should have made it clearer; other bits,etc were replaced under warranty but the garage concluded that the engine had started to make these noises due to a low oil level. I was not the only person driving the car but it seems that no dash light came on to warn of the low level. I do check the dip but didnt expect it to drink 0.7L per 1000 miles!

Several weeks later (and much discusion) and Renault uk still did not budge-
thus i had to pay for a new engine and was left with this one. Luckily I didnt pay the full £3200 the dealer wanted.

latest from dealer:

I have spoken to the dealer again and the engine is all put together, bar a few bits, ready to be shipped out. They told me that the head and mid part of the engine (camshaft, valves, etc) are all fine and they believe the problem to lay somewhere in the bottom. The actual crankshaft i am told is fine, the dealer thinks that maybe a small end, big end or con rod bearing has gone, something along those lines.