Reaction score
Trophy No.
Really sorry to hear that Ben, I know how gutted you must feel. My penny's worth is to get it sorted properly one way or another. For various reasons. Personally I love cf details but always found big bits of it ott. Also by all accounts most that are available are not all that, having said that you'll save a fair few kg's.
Hope you get it sorted soon and back to 110% happy again.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just been talking to the guy next door and he said he saw the kid do it. He said he was heading towards the car on a skateboard and used the bonnet to stop himself with this foot :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Fooking little skateboard T**TS !

Reaction score
Wow! Typical (unfortunately, isn't it :roll: ). Whenever I hear garbage like that it makes me think I've been fortunate to have only had a few car park dings and numerous scrapes from careless numpties and tyre fitters.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bar a few stone chips the car was spotless until this happened. Been quoted £50 to remove the dent but its unlikely to go back to how it was which is even more annoying. I think the best thing to do is to get a CF bonnet and get it painted later on, depending on how I think it looks unpainted.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers Matt.

Doesn't look too bad condition either. You can get a brand new one for an extra £100 on top of his asking price though. Ill have a good think about this.
Whats the difference between his and the ones KTR sell now, any idea ?

Thanks. :)

Reaction score
BenG said:
Cheers Matt.

Doesn't look too bad condition either. You can get a brand new one for an extra £100 on top of his asking price though. Ill have a good think about this.
Whats the difference between his and the ones KTR sell now, any idea ?

Thanks. :)

I'm not sure if there are any differences but I had a KTR one before I got my X-Sport one and I found it to be very flexy especially at high speeds. The X-S one is much stiffer but would cost around £500.

There's a link to there site:

http://www.xsportracing.com/panels.php?viewcar&id=16

:D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ben if you like it then go and have a look, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what we all think, even me, as long as you are happy. :)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ive decided to get the dent removed and see how it turns out. If im not happy with it ill buy a cf one. [-o<

Reaction score
I'd be a bit hesitant before splashing out on a cf bonnet.. Most of the cheap ones won't offer much of a weight saving at all because there'll be hardly any cf in there! Like with most things, you get what you pay for..
I do think it would suit ok tho, especially with oem wheels being anthracite.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was giving the bonnet a good old polish today and as I was buffing off the polish the dent just popped out :shock: !!! :D :D :D :D :D I cant believe it. Well happy !

8)

pol

Reaction score
benefits of carbon bonnet is weight reduction. just make sure it's a decent quality as i have seen some that weight almost as much as the original bonnet. for example my mk1 golf carbon bonnet i can lift with my pinky. :D

anything else is just for 'aesthetic' reasons. remember that exopy resin also chips so your carbon bonnet will still get them.