Reaction score
Hi All

I would like to start a thread about car mats, I don't have any decent ones for my Trophy yet and would like to know if anyone out there has any recommendations, as It's likely to be the only thing I'm buying for the car i would like them to be really nice. I understand that the Renuault ones aren't sport/182 specific and are very expensive and not that great.

Would anyone be interested in getting some Trophy ones made up by one of the custom car mat companies? I think they do a good price for bulk orders. I was thinking Black with just Renaultsport and Trophy Logos, like the ones you see in lots of 182's but with a Trophy logo in silver.

Any car mat choices (and especially pics) would be great.

Cheers.

Reaction score
182s come with quality dark grey tailored mats for the front and rear from the factory but there's no driver's plastic foot protector on them. But the material is nice. IMHO the aftermarket ones are generaly a bit tacky.

About 3 years ago the Clio 'Luxury' mats were a dark grey colour and looked pretty good quality, they have a more robust coarser material too, I have kept the set I bought and transfer from car to car. All I see nowadays are those light grey Clio mats with the checks - they don't match the car at all.

Reaction score
I got these from Justmatz.co.uk

I opted for the highest quality mat, which is very good, and I got a bootmat with the logo on as well, but this means that they were very expensive.

The drivers side mat has fixings to stop the mat sliding about, and these can be specified for the passenger side as well. Heel pads can also be ordered, edge bound the same as the mat. I did order heel pads but they f***ed up and didn't fit them and so refunded me some money instead. They made some excuse about "the highest quality mat is too thick to stitch heelpads on" but they didn't say that when I placed the order.

The one thing that disappointed me was that I expected the logo to be embroidered on, but it seems to be some kind of felt material which is glued on. It seems tough enough, it hasn't worn off on the drivers side, but embroidered would have looked better.

I managed to persuade my dealer to give me a set of the Clio "luxury" mats when I bought my car but I found that the drivers side one moved around and rucked up. They have a couple of "velcro" type pads on the back to grip the carpet, but on mine these just came unstuck and folded up and the mat moved. The quality is good though.

I suppose it mainly depends on how much you want to spend.

Attachments

• PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    971.8 KB · Views: 2,363

nbc

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting some made up with the Trophy logo.

]AutoExpress recommend the Luxury mats from 'unique car mats Ltd' and it's an excellent website allowing you to custom design to your requirements.

Maybe speak to them about a bulk order, i'd certianly have some.

Reaction score
I had some mats from Autostyle.co.uk for a previous car and they were excellent quality. Unfortunately their "safety fixing system" was not so good and broke after six months.
I didn't have a logo of any kind and so can't comment on whether they are embroidered or stuck on.

They were pretty expensive.

I've just noticed on their website that they have "Trophy" in the drop down list of motifs that you can specify.

Reaction score
I got my mats from Autostyle, worked out at £60 for basic mats with heel pads and embroidery. Decided not to use the fixing system as like with MickD's old ones, they broke on my last mats, but the mats are well shaped so I have no problems with them being in the wrong place.

Attachments

• HPIM0200 (2).jpg
    HPIM0200 (2).jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 2,310
Reaction score
OliS said:
I got my mats from Autostyle, worked out at £60 for basic mats with heel pads and embroidery. Decided not to use the fixing system as like with MickD's old ones, they broke on my last mats, but the mats are well shaped so I have no problems with them being in the wrong place.

Thanks OliS, those look great, exactly what I'm after really, I wanted to get silver beading to match the seat belts, aluminium etc. rather than going for red, as there isn't really any red inside the car. Did that include rear mats? Actually don't answer that, I'm going to go on the website now.

For £60, I don't think I'll bother with the bulk order, everyone wants different things anyway. Kind of the point of custom mats I suppose.

Cheers.

Steve.

Reaction score
I ordered the mats today from Autostyle, £79.95 including carriage, four mats, diplomat range, black with silver edging, an alloy heel plate on the drivers side and two Trophy No 298/500 logos. I e-mailed a picture of the seat plaque and they're going to do it from that although without the Clio, copyright apparently, quite glad actually.

I'll post the pics on here when i get them next week. Think they'll make a fine addition, only other 'mods' I'm considering are a racing panel filter and silversion indicator bulbs.

Reaction score
Sound good steve, my Dad only has the standard grey clio mats at the mo' so pics will be good as i need to get a fathers day pressie soon and need ideas! :lol:

Reaction score
They have arrived!!!

Arrived home today to find a big parcel, i have to say I was a bit nervous opening them. expecting to see Saxo VTR No 48324 or something but they are perfect!

A brilliant fit, really good quality and I love the embroidered logos, now they have made the logo I'm sure it will be really easy for anyone else to order the same.

I wasn't sure whether to go for the aluminium heel plate or carpet but it feels good and matches the pedals, so I'm glad I did.

My Trophy is complete! (for now.)

EVO sent me two car stickers today too, because i e-mailed them and asked for one for my new car as it was there fault i had bought it. Got my Goodwood tickets too, makes up for the days when it's all bills and junk mail...

Attachments

• P6050323.JPG
    P6050323.JPG
    633.1 KB · Views: 2,160
Reaction score
Nice one!!! The number on the matt is a brilliant idea... how much did you pay for the set (I am gathering just the front...)?

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Nice one!!! The number on the matt is a brilliant idea... how much did you pay for the set (I am gathering just the front...)?

O.

I know, I just thought, why not have personalised mats if you're having them specially made, and the little seat plaque doesn't really do justice to the car's rarity.

They cost £79.95 including £9.95 for packaging and shipping from Autostyle.co.uk. It breaks down as:
Diplomat mats (2 front, 2 rear) - £45.00
Evosport Heelpad - £12.50
Motif x 2 - £12.50
TOTAL - £70.00

I thought £80 sounded a lot for car mats but they are made to order and are really good quality and being the only modification I'm going to be making to the interior, I thought why not? The guy Les Hughes is really helpful and you just send him a picture of what you want and he makes it.

Attachments

• P6050329.JPG
    P6050329.JPG
    641.2 KB · Views: 2,134

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
they look the best of what i've seen..... will get on to Evo myself then. they've never responded to any of my emails - Catchpole's on my hit list now :)

Reaction score
i'm amazed at how good they look! the silver piping looks cool, might be making an addition to my Trophy with a similar set! :D

Reaction score
Love those autostyle matts, about to order some V. similar

thinking of been brave and going for Anthracite with silver piping though....... :?
think they would go with the grey interior etc but any thoughts before i drop a B*****k!!

cheers :wink:

Reaction score
I too considered the Dark Grey, but decided to go with Balck because the carpets were black. They will stand out more in Anthracite. I'd say go for it, it's not like you're going for Capsicum Red ones and it could look bloody awful!

Reaction score
I was looking at this very thread last week trying to decide whether its worth shelling out £70 on custom mats when there is really nothing wrong with the ones i have :?

Steve, how have you found the mats? i.e are they holding up well or showing signs of wear? Just trying to gauge whether its money well spent or maybe i should just stick with what i have already/

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
I was looking at this very thread last week trying to decide whether its worth shelling out £70 on custom mats when there is really nothing wrong with the ones i have :?

Steve, how have you found the mats? i.e are they holding up well or showing signs of wear? Just trying to gauge whether its money well spent or maybe i should just stick with what i have already/

I'll take some pictures of them later, they're holding up OK, a bit of wear on the drivers one, I would definitely recommend the heel plate or at least a carpet heel pad, otherwise the drivers mat will wear out in one spot way before the rest are even looking less than brand new. The silver embroidered logos were looking a bit dull but I cleaned them with carpet shampoo the other week and they came up like new.

It does seem a lot for mats, but there are four of them, they are tailored perfectly for the car, are very good quality and unique in all the world with a personalised logo, every single person who has got into the car asks about the number, so it's a good way of spreading the Trophy's legacy without sounding like a car bore! When I see other people's Trophy's now, I do a double take because it looks like something is missing!

Reaction score
Cheers Steve, taking the plunge and ordering the Anthracite 1's today.
From your previous pics yours look the best ive seen for sure.

It just adds that finishing touch to a truly special car, shame renault couldnt have atleast made it an option for what may prove to be the best clio they'll ever build (contentious ) :p